Section Change!

XTreme

In case you're looking for it I've merged motorcycle news into motorcycle chat.....including all the feeds.

The sections were very similar so it's better to have one with more posts rather than two half empty ones.

I plan to introduce a new section soon.....Motorcycle Touring. Where we'll give free publicity to all the Tour Companies, Travellers, Book Authors etc to promote their stuff. 

This also gives me an opportunity to ask the FB Adv Group Admins if I can post a link to this place where I invite these people to promote themselves.

So it's a win-win really. The businesses get exposure here and we get exposure on FB. Unless some power tripping FB group admins put the kybosh on it of course! :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tym said:

Top man,class. :littleguy:

I was just checking something on ButtRider......and you're limited to only 10 pics on a Ride Report.

It's impossible to get away with only 10 pics when I'm doing abandoned villages and railway stations.

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be nicer if we still had two sections, with one of them limited to real member posts?

I know it would be a less volume but it wouldn't wash out our own stuff with bot posts, which ends up being a little uninteresting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Wouldn't it be nicer if we still had two sections, with one of them limited to real member posts?

I know it would be a less volume but it wouldn't wash out our own stuff with bot posts, which ends up being a little uninteresting.

Ideally yes.....but we don't get that many bike specific posts in there Pedro. And the news articles do stimulate posting.

Ultimately the problem is that we don't have many good threadstarters. XT Alan/Suzuki Al was great at that.

Problem is at this stage is we're up against forums (and FB) who have thousands of threads.

So we have to try and populate it as best we can until the numbers are much greater.

Because nobody wants to sign up to a stagnant or empty forum.

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Ideally yes.....but we don't get that many bike specific posts in there Pedro. And the news articles do stimulate posting.

Ultimately the problem is that we don't have many good threadstarters. XT Alan/Suzuki Al was great at that.

The problem at the moment is that we can't ride (in UK at least) so RR's are non existent, I can do one about my commute to work but no fecker is going to be interested in that.

• Like 2

Just now, boboneleg said:

The problem at the moment is that we can't ride (in UK at least) so RR's are non existent, I can do one about my commute to work but no fecker is going to be interested in that.

I'm at the stage now Bob where i'll take anything 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Well I'll be damned. So it does. And for a moment this was a pleasant space. Uh-oh, the shit is back. Pleasant, shit, pleasant, shit, pleasant. I think I'll leave that button on ?

we thought you had

41 minutes ago, Tym said:

So does this mean we have Trans Sections now? Or, do sections get to self assign themselves...umm... can of worms. :littleguy:

what do you mean trans what's this turning in to