An adventure

busabeast

So I'm thinking about making a visit to spain for a week to see what havoc can be caused on xtreme(Pete's) manor and go on a few jollys on the bike with him as tour guide.

Now to the nitty gritty of it, I am planning on going for the 2nd weekend in September as the holiday season will have finished by then and fingers crossed the flights should be more affordable, I did plan to ride down on my bike but at 1600 miles each way let alone what will be covered whilst there it would just prove way too expensive soo....my 2nd plan is to fly out to spain and hire a bike from the airport and ride to his area staying in a bnb or hotel.

Bike hire is £525 and for that you can swing your leg over a tiger 800 or 1200 whichever takes your fancy though for where we would be riding the 800 would be a better choice.

So my aim here really is to see if any of you guys would be up for joining in on the adventure so dont be shy book ya spots on this tour of a lifetime

• Like 3

@Pedro was planning to motor across (Covid permitting) so maybe you two could meet up.

Pedro speaks Spanish so that would make things a lot easier......plus, if you're flying into Malaga then he'll be heading across from that direction.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

These are all possible if they both have time free I wouldnt say no

Keep me posted mate and if everything pans out I might be able to tag along for a bit ?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

These are all possible if they both have time free I wouldnt say no

Yeh.....the pair of them have fuck all else to do.

Well apart from Ray threatening his neighbour and Russ having disasters with boilers and teeth.

I am sorry @Richzx6r, I do speak the language fluently and wouldn´t mind helping out, but I´ll make no plans at the moment. 

Either covid is still fucking us and I'll be locked in and going nowhere miserably, or covid will let us breathe and in September I'll be busy with work at the beginning of the month and then heading to Morocco on the third or fourth week.

On a trip perspective, I do advise you to skip the airplane, the trip there and back will be memorable if you take an extra day each way to visit the Picos and a couple of Pyrenees passes. If Spain is not under house arrest, being a single guy I would spend a night in Bilbao as well, and go drink some beers and each some pinchos.

The weather on northern Spain can be shit on late September though, but I imagine that doesn't matter to a brit?

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I am sorry @Richzx6r, I do speak the language fluently and wouldn´t mind helping out, but I´ll make no plans at the moment. 

Either covid is still fucking us and I'll be locked in and going nowhere miserably, or covid will let us breathe and in September I'll be busy with work at the beginning of the month and then heading to Morocco on the third or fourth week.

On a trip perspective, I do advise you to skip the airplane, the trip there and back will be memorable if you take an extra day each way to visit the Picos and a couple of Pyrenees passes. If Spain is not under house arrest, being a single guy I would spend a night in Bilbao as well, and go drink some beers and each some pinchos.

The weather on northern Spain can be shit on late September though, but I imagine that doesn't matter to a brit?

That's fair enough mate, I wont be committing to anything until I know it wont end up going tits up, as said in the first post I am choosing to fly/ride rather than ride through france due to it being cheaper even though it would be more of an adventure financially it could be ruinous 

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

That's fair enough mate, I wont be committing to anything until I know it wont end up going tits up, as said in the first post I am choosing to fly/ride rather than ride through france due to it being cheaper even though it would be more of an adventure financially it could be ruinous 

There's a ferry to Santander, and considering covid you might get a deal.

Spain has the cheapest fuel in Europe after Luxembourg, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

There's a ferry to Santander, and considering covid you might get a deal.

Spain has the cheapest fuel in Europe after Luxembourg, too.

I also don't think the ninja would be too enjoyable on rutted unmade roads that are frequent around his manor

• Like 1

Just now, Richzx6r said:

I also don't think the ninja would be too enjoyable on rutted unmade roads that are frequent around his manor

No.....it would be a nightmare on that Rich.

• Like 1

Why not ride it @Richzx6r?

£400 round trip in fuel plus what, 4 days riding vs £2-300 flights plus £500 bike hire, insurance, fuel etc.

Also, haven't you recently had a kid? What does your other half think about you leaving her in the lumber for a week or two? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

Also, haven't you recently had a kid? What does your other half think about you leaving her in the lumber for a week or two?

I'd never have got away with that with either wife!

1 hour ago, Mr Fro said:

£400 round trip in fuel plus what, 4 days riding vs £2-300 flights plus £500 bike hire, insurance, fuel etc.

Also, haven't you recently had a kid? What does your other half think about you leaving her in the lumber for a week or two? ?

I have told her that I plan to take a trip to Spain and she said as long as I can afford it then shes ok with it, which came as a surprise. 

I would guess it would be much more than £400 for fuel there and back, flights I have found for 63 quid with Ryanair.

I think fly hire would work out alot cheaper 

2 hours ago, Mr Fro said:

The other reason not to ride it is the ninja isn't the bike for the quite a few of the roads around Pete's area

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....the pair of them have fuck all else to do.

Well apart from Ray threatening his neighbour and Russ having disasters with boilers and teeth.

That’s true, which reminds me I must keep up the threatening behaviour. Now where’s my baseball bat............?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Skippy said:

That’s true, which reminds me I must keep up the threatening behaviour. Now where’s my baseball bat............?

Where's this twat from Ray?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

You got permission from your masters to post on here Six? :classic_laugh:

Twat... i'll be seeing you in September, tell the mrs you'll be on the sofa for a week ?

• Haha 3