So how's 2021 so far for YOU?

XTreme

From where I'm sitting it just seems like more of the same old shit! I wish we could go back 5 years to before everything went insane!

Life was a lot simpler when you could just wake up in the morning without thinking "WTF is going to happen next?"

Remember those days when you could go wherever you wanted to, and you never needed to wear a face mask?

Those were The Good Old Days they were! :littleguy:

• Like 2

Brilliant, im a pensioner now, life of leasure, 15% senior discounts, $4.20 all you can eat dinner specials at Denny's if you get there before 4....just need a nice Trail 125 i do. :littleguy:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tym said:

Brilliant, im a pensioner now, life of leasure, 15% senior discounts, $4.20 all you can eat dinner specials at Denny's if you get there before 4....just need a nice Trail 125 i do. :littleguy:

You thinking of the Honda Tym?

It's been shit. Started with lack of energy and a depressive mood, then went back into work and so far altogether have invoiced what used to be my daily average last January, don't have one work call that isn't a complaint, covid has locked me in and it's only getting worse so no idea when I'll be able to go out, and February is coming with a painful anniversary coming, which I'll probably be forced to spend with family at home instead of on my own on the bike. Can't say I'm in a cheerful mood to be honest.

Have read a good book though, "India, the Shimmering Dream", you should too:

image.png.a495065a65415b60def85223b05c7de0.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Much the same as 2020 here, nowhere open in total lockdown not allowed to go anywhere unless you really have to docs dentist shopping essentials only, weather’s  still shit bikes are off the road so all in all crappy, no big cafe fry up that tops it all.??

Just now, Swagman said:

Much the same as 2020 here, nowhere open in total lockdown not allowed to go anywhere unless you really have to docs dentist shopping essentials only, weather’s  still shit bikes are off the road so all in all crappy, no big cafe fry up that tops it all.??

Well at least you found this place Keith!

Cos there are some forums out there that make you lose the will to live!

We won't do that......we'll just fuck you up for life!

kramer GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well at least you found this place Keith!

Cos there are some forums out there that make you lose the will to live!

We won't do that......we'll just fuck you up for life!

kramer GIF

Are there other forums I not been on any others for a day o two.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

So far it's been shite tbh. I dont even bother getting out of my PJ's these days. Come the weekends I go out to the yard to do something, feel the cold bite and and go back in. Getting out of bed to do work and stare at the pc monitor all day. Awesome. If it werent for the fact I live in hope that Prickles might bare her ass I might say I have nothing left to live for. I wonder what Janis said about hope?

And I don't see much changing for quite some time unfortunately! I reckon we'll still be wearing masks this time next year!

With your previous health issues are you likely to be prioritised on the vaccine rollout rather than waiting for your age group to get called?

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

So far it's been shite tbh. I dont even bother getting out of my PJ's these days. Come the weekends I go out to the yard to do something, feel the cold bite and and go back in. Getting out of bed to do work and stare at the pc monitor all day. Awesome. If it werent for the fact I live in hope that Prickles might bare her ass I might say I have nothing left to live for. I wonder what Janis said about hope?

I am so happy to provide hope during these times. :littleguy:

Hey, I think I found my camera.....?

• Like 2

I'm on holiday for the week. So far I have been to Tesco once and had two rides out on a push bike, it's a bit nippy for that though. Living the dream here. My local river has flooded the paths in my nearest park so I spent a lot of time pedalling through glutinous mud whilst trying to stay upright. Still at least I don't have to answer a zillion emails and I've managed to watch series 1 of The Expanse.

A robin landed on a branch about 18 inches from me yesterday as I was walking to Tesco and sat there looking at me with something wriggly in its gob. I locked eyes with it and slowly got my phone out to take a picture. By the time I'd faffed about getting the camera on he hopped into a proper tree, but still quite close.

Also just fitted the plastic covers to my new to me fog lights. I hadn't done it before because they only stay on with friction and I was worried they'd disappear and they are bloody expensive. I drilled a few holes and zip tied them on. Need to find some small black zip ties, only had white ones, but they'll do for a while.

image.png.7115c002fc4fe7d07961a5809dcc88c0.png

image.png.a9e32eacdf274f38104c5fc8d120e081.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Common Prickles!!!

Here's something to get you in the mood. Mucho et al in their prime

138915183_2868593453390530_5723491022359040124_n.jpg.97d2661ec77aa11f5cd16cf0b66214cf.jpg

Which one is Pete?.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Tym said:

you've been living a life of leisure since I can remember Tym!

• Haha 1

Fuck knows when we're going to get any sort of normality in our lives now!

And the most frustrating thing for guys of our age is the fact that we ain't got unlimited time to wait around for it to return!

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fuck knows when we're going to get any sort of normality in our lives now!

And the most frustrating thing for guys of our age is the fact that we ain't got unlimited time to wait around for it to return!

Well let’s hope this vaccine works and we can start living again.?

2 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Probably depends on which one you get and i heard some arnt even "vaccines"... my best advice isstill to treat humanity like the plague of vile excrement they are, rubber bag the lot of them. :classic_unsure:

18 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Apparently it depends on having the second injection some weeks after the first.

And if the top up date is missed then it may not be effective as I understand it.

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Apparently it depends on having the second injection some weeks after the first.

And if the top up date is missed then it may not be effective as I understand it.

It’s all rumours they aren’t going to spend all this time and money if it isn’t going to do something, there was a bit on the news here last night a old lady new in a care home had the vaccine when they tested her she was positive, but it looks like the vaccine held the virus in check she had no illness with it, so here’s hoping it does at least calm the symptoms.

• Like 1