cabin fever

MooN

it's getting to me.  

Weather's shit : 4 deg c and 10/10th cloud cover. blustery wind and threatening rain or sleet.  It was something of a struggle to work up the energy to get all the clobber on neccessary to go for a ride.  I did manage to persuade myself. 

I wanted to check the tyre pressures as I was certain they were down a bit having sat unused for so long nad with the recent temperature changes since I last checked so first stop was the nearest air line at the main renault dealers and petrol station.  Nope, they've removed the air line and put a notice up saying " renault quick service centre does not check tyre pressures"   okaaaay... fuck you then, I only ever filled up here cos they had free air. A couple of km's furter out of twn is a Total station with petrol ( thank you) and free air. Tyres were effectively 200 and 300 g light front and rear.  Should be 25 front and 29 rear... that's Kilos per square metre.  felt much better after that.  No plan but took some back roads, that petered out and became gravel roadsDSC04302.thumb.JPG.3b780c09b28e96a492f38422acd8d5c2.JPG

which I think I've been on before and thought that it was a through road, picking up tarmac again further on, so I risked it, gingerly though as these tyres are not off road tyres and not ideal on wet mud. a couple of km further along I realised that if I drop it im going to fuck my knee and / or shoulder lifting it. Answer: Don't drop it then... found tarmac again after 5 km or so

DSC04307.thumb.JPG.d0806339cb42d34b3cd20e8797c3d2c8.JPG

riding down another lane I thought I saw something incongruous... WTF ? 

that looks like a giant rubiks cube...

I kid you not!

DSC04310.thumb.JPG.8fee66f6900d9dfee01e997455740211.JPG

down some unpaved road theres this... thing... which I can only imagine has been put there for the benefit of trail walkers as it's at the jucntion of a couple of blazed trails

DSC04311.thumb.JPG.052972fc01eaf95c600946f94a2a939f.JPG I thought only the US was into outsize roadsize furniture... there's this huge rubix cube, an enormous chair, some outsize oldfashioned bycicles and farm implements, a giant chess set and a perch for storks to nest on... under the chair is a picnic table with a box of board games and some holly on the table with a sign saying " help yourself"DSC04313.thumb.JPG.e4eb19f52c83b6c3c88beb1ffe6201d9.JPG

DSC04317.thumb.JPG.61b057cc41b74d540d5fd08f63a83b90.JPG

I played an opening move on the ches board, and left. 

DSC04315.thumb.JPG.6da1ba7820eaa9ba7da3d87617beaf94.JPG

back up the muddy lane DSC04318.thumb.JPG.7e87cd4470a81cbc10ca0cf0eb519ee9.JPG

It soon became obvious that @XTreme is a bad influence and I found myself here, doing the cleaning thing

DSC04321.thumb.JPG.d541c0c5143a68b3354e0827d0c86d27.JPG

before riding home. No leaf blower to dry it with though!

only 50 or so km's and I will admit to having the heated grips on. 

• Like 5

Brilliant Chris.......but considering your recent surgery those conditions look a bit risky?

Those would be extremely high risk conditions to me irrespective of having surgery or not of course. :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Chris.......but considering your recent surgery those conditions look a bit risky?

Those would be extremely high risk conditions to me irrespective of having surgery or not of course. :classic_unsure:

yup, going down that gravel /  dirt road was stupid. I didn't realise it untill I was about a km in but yeah.  I got away with it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MooN said:

yup, going down that gravel /  dirt road was stupid. I didn't realise it untill I was about a km in but yeah.  I got away with it. 

Did Madame Moon know? I bet she wouldn't have been happy?

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Did Madame Moon know? I bet she wouldn't have been happy?

What the eye don't see, the heart don't grieve over...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Chris, looks like someone around there has a serious games fetish :classic_unsure:

Do yourself a favour and get one of these then you can use your own free air without having to rely on Henri LeConte :classic_unsure:

https://bestrestproducts.com/product-category/cyclepump-ez-gauge/

He doesn't have to be that extravagant I've been using one of these for years and it fits in my Jacket pocket, although i suspect Moon already knows this and the regular trip to check the tyre pressure is an excuse to get out :littleguy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183728115308

you guys are all so high tech. I have this in the shed 009500a.jpg

i could hqve used that before leaving but the Renault garege and their compressor is only about 4km away and I needed fuel anyway so it was just less hassle... untill I discovered they decided that providing that service for their clients was no longer financially viable for them.  wankers! 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 15:25, Sir Fallsalot said:

He doesn't have to be that extravagant I've been using one of these for years and it fits in my Jacket pocket, although i suspect Moon already knows this and the regular trip to check the tyre pressure is an excuse to get out :littleguy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183728115308

Mine was a gift from someone I did some work for but it's over 8 years old now and pretty bullet proof.

• Like 1