First Weekend in November!

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

It's dried up......so I'll be out! However.....I'm not allowed to go further than the limits of the town's perimeter!

So that's put the kybosh on Dark Motorcycling!

Nice thing about these pedal powered mopeds, in town is more then far enough for adventure. :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Plan today was to sleep in, maybe go out on the XR or wash the GS, maybe have lunch with my neighbors if they decide to invite me. 

Woke up lazily at 09.00 to the sound of heavy rain. Don't feel like going out in torrential conditions and certainly won't wash the GS if I can't ride it dry after. So instead had an invigorating cold shower courtesy of my boiler, and now am standing outside having a hot coffee in my new cords shirt :classic_laugh:

Will see if I can make the damned thing work again, and take it from there. It'll be a lazy day inside while the rain falls.

• Like 2

Its like summer wont stop here, our little Connecticut shoreline downtown was packed last night, one thing.....

Everyone had NY plates, even me....

:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Had a phone call of my eldest brother last night, haven't seen him for about 5 years, so first thoughts were the worst but it was ok he had an electrical problem with some outside lights. I went up this morning to sort it out he said he only changed two lights and it started tripping things. After having a look around the way it was wired there was no way it could have worked the way he said it did before he changed the lights, it would have been much easier for me if he had just come clean and told me what he did all done now though :littleguy:

• Like 1

Managed to make my boiler give me hot tap water again. @yen_powell’s valve is indeed stuck but I think does not open. I unstuck it with a couple of whacks, but then it sticks again. Will get it stuck in tap water position because I fear it’ll eventually break if I keep hitting it. Next will see if I can get it replaced easily by myself, for now it’s lunch with my neighbours :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit of a walk today to look at an old Motte and Bailey. That was totally hidden by trees and I couldn't get very close to it, so no pictures of that. The stream is the River Roding. I could hear some bloke huffing and puffing whilst thatching a roof but couldn't see him. Took the picture of the Beetle because I had one the same once. The straw fox caught me by surprise. Just liked the sunlight on some but not all of the grave stones. Is this God's way of telling you who was good and who was naughty during life? I'm colour blind but could see the Sloes a way off. Liked the stocks on the village sign.

P1280783.JPG

P1280797.JPG

P1280808.JPG

P1280816.JPG

P1280818.JPG

P1280819.JPG

P1280821.JPG

P1280822.JPG

P1280823.JPG

P1280825.JPG

P1280827.JPG

P1280856.JPG

P1280858.JPG

P1280861.JPG

P1280863.JPG

P1280865.JPG

P1280866.JPG

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Frosty morning dog walk today, Lucy loves the cooler weather, ?

My collies were the same way, they would lay in the shade in the winter on  pile's of snow and be pefectly happy. :littleguy:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

I miss seeing Nora on your roof.

She was a looker, and big bones for a collie, always over 100lbs and she used it, she knew she was a big dog :littleguy:

c23f8881e3526833ff6d3ff4b6ffb77e.jpeg.7fda46c92f23dcc77d2f4cca0572a07f.jpeg

ec83d8950ca38c62c98a415ff7173fb8.jpeg.035c76a9ec0e93ed02b67cb17c3ee418.jpeg

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

She looks like a great dog, very beautiful. ?

Well, if i couldnt have nice hair i could have dogs that did was my logic. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4