Read this you Twats!

XTreme

This Saturday marks SIX MONTHS since we opened the doors here!

Back then, people were locked down and getting more and more frustrated......and going on FaceButt just wound you up even more.

So I pulled the trigger on this forum as an escape.......even if I was the only one escaping to it. People signed up, but I honestly didn't think we'd last beyond the end of lockdown. Yet some of us are still here!

The nucleus of this place now comprises original DSUK members, plus a few who joined up when we became MB. Which is what I originally wanted. Additionally we've had some new members sign up...... who've made great ride report contributions, and whose outlook is similar to ours.

So recommend us to friends if you think they may be interested. Just don't invite any of the individuals that previously got banned on DSUK or MB though. Particularly that guy with the Beemer who had all those sex slaves! Or the Holocaust denier! Or Fuckmine/Flouncing Floater......though somebody who invents his own accidents would be good entertainment up to the point he got banned again! 

So thanks for your support......I've enjoyed having this place here! AFAIC it's been good seeing old friends again, plus my ride reports can finally be presented in the right way. And spidered by Google too......not lost in a sea of shit on FaceButt never to be found again.

What about you? Has this place made a difference for you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Not done much for my sanity?

If ever it happens that we meet, i want to see if you fuckers live up to your hype!?

I haven't personally met everybody here......but virtually everybody has been met by somebody else on here.

In my case I go back as far as 2002 with many of them......so there's a lot of history here.

What I'm saying is that as far as I'm aware nobody here puts on a fake persona......it's what you see is what you get.

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Was not saying fake........as some one once told me......big yourself up, this aint a confessional..?

Not sure anybody does Clive......cos they wouldn't be able to get away with it here.

Everybody's connected you see.......so any bullshitting would be found out.

For example.... @Tym doesn't pretend to be unstable.....he is.

I first had my suspicions back somewhere around 2002 when he built a big snowman in his garden, shot it to pieces with his guns, then threw red liquid over what was left to signify bloodshed.

I believe the legendary Julian Solos delivered his "unstable" diagnosis on Tym at that point!

• Haha 3

I deleted my facebook account years ago when it revealed how racist and angry people really are when Europe got to deal with the refugee situation. I am happy to not go back there.

This has provided somewhere for me to post a few reports very dear to me, and to properly go through those pictures for the first time ever, but also as a great replacement for a less intrusive facebook of sorts, served in a format and pace which are more agreeable to my internet ignorant way of being.

Computer Boomer GIF

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You mean like using a whole bottle of ginger hair dye before a serious bout of styling and profiling? Mucho has that in spades!

The colourant was brown......it just came out as ginger! It could happen to anybody!

I only have one friend that rides much and he's already on here. So I'm tapped out as far as bring more members to the fold. I suck.

But I like the Forum in that we don't have a bunch of wankers on here and it's fairly small.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Earache said:

I only have one friend that rides much and he's already on here. So I'm tapped out as far as bring more members to the fold. I suck.

But I like the Forum in that we don't have a bunch of wankers on here and it's fairly small.

That's a good point Eric!

I remember when a previous forum exploded with members around 2006 and it changed the vibe completely.

Most of them came from ButtRider.......and in a few cases they'd been banned from there.

So a few more members would be good.......but the right type if you get my drift!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Dude! I'm here too, you know I can see what you're writing! Sheesh, I'm not sure who this other guy is but I hate him already. 

Wait, what was the question? Oh, Yeah, sure, it gives me something to do while I phone conference in to the latest 8D meeting. To those of you unfamiliar with an "8D" it is a procedure that is done after a fuck up at work to prevent it happening again. 8 steps including identify who to blame, how to fix it, and whay it will never ever happen again. Step 8 is congratulating the team (who did the 8D). 

In the ever increasing pressure on doing things faster, some companies now require a 5D, which is an 8D with fewer steps. 

And that is what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing right now, but in fact the meeting is droning on in my earbuds/work laptop while I type away here on my personal MacBook. 

Oh hey! I just contributed to the meeting! Had to tell the program manager he was wrong and we shold do it a different way. 

I'm hoping to get laid off BTW - the severance pay would just about cover to when I plan on retiring anyway. Win/win!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

Dude! I'm here too, you know I can see what you're writing! Sheesh, I'm not sure who this other guy is but I hate him already. 

Sorry about that - forgot you were on here.

• Sad 2

I love this place...ok love might be a bit strong, ?? but I like the fact that it is a smaller group.  I really enjoy the.....you know...the....man, I just sound silly, but the down to earthness of it all....like the title of this thread for example, where else can you go and be called a twat in your day.....   I like sharing with this group and the silliness that can come about.  The newest member was my invite, so I'm working it for ya @XTreme ?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I love this place...ok love might be a bit strong, ?? but I like the fact that it is a smaller group.  I really enjoy the.....you know...the....man, I just sound silly, but the down to earthness of it all....like the title of this thread for example, where else can you go and be called a twat in your day.....   I like sharing with this group and the silliness that can come about.  The newest member was my invite, so I'm working it for ya @XTreme ?

Michelle......I just wanted to make an observation!

You're a woman who doesn't want to get married, who doesn't want to go shopping, and you spend all your money on motorcycles!

That is not normal!

Therefore.....this is without a doubt the place for you! :littleguy:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

....where else can you go and be called a twat in your day..... 

It might be a novelty for you, but for some of us it's an hourly occurrence.

• Haha 4

Through Max bikes I met Fred, Ogri, Dawn,  Bruce , Ren, Dave and probably a few others I can't remember.  I nearly met Pete several times but he always seem make some excuse about it raining or something like that ?

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

In the ever increasing pressure on doing things faster, some companies now require a 5D, which is an 8D with fewer steps. 

Here in Portugal you get a 1D, which is: "hey fucko, don't do that shit ever again"

4 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

? You know full well it was a metaphor for mutual support. Just the other day you went out of your way to go fetch and wrap a set of davits for me.  Awesome. It was an act of kindness that netted me a rare item I'd have lost due to lockdown and also saved me many hours of travel and expense. Not shabby for an internet buddy. And much appreciated. ?

And you gave Bob a reach around for it :classic_blink:

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Why cant i remember this did something traumatic happen and my mind has blanked it out :classic_blink:

Perhaps Bruce's bright red calipers on the Blekbish traumatised you ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like it here, with most of the old crowd and some new blood too, I do use facebook but in a rectricted manner and prefer the format of forums. I just ealised that it works a bit like a terrorist organisation, with a hard core at the centre and various levels of implication within the whole, whilst everybody knows "virtually" most of the others, no one person has actually met more than one or two of the other members...?

I've met Bob and Cattee, Bruce helped me out in a big way when I was struggling with computor problems though i've never met him. 

I struggle to think of anyone I could invite as so few of them speak sufficient english. There is one I could try... but he rides a harley now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, MooN said:

no one person has actually met more than one or two of the other members

No.....I've met Pedro, Ren, Cupid, Yen, Bruce, Dell, and Lyn! 

In fact I've ridden with all of those except Yen.

• Like 2