Third Weekend of September!

XTreme

Took a short run to Orce cos I had to see somebody there......and what do you know? A bunch of Moto Club Fuckwits sitting around doing fuck all when they could be riding. :wank4az:

It was the usual entourage of Beemers, along with a Triumph and a couple of Harleys! :classic_wacko:

And as per usual, 1970's Brit Greasers in worn out jackets and ripped jeans riding Parts Bin Specials get blanked!

Suits me just fine......I've spent my life not wanting to belong. I leave such desires to my old toothless mate! :classic_laugh:

A short vid first......

Billy No Mates Strom being ostracised........

20200920_121052-min.jpg.a8662cdd77ebb8072b7b4b0cd38c5b82.jpg

Weapons of choice for Moto Club Fuckwits.......

20200920_121133-min.jpg.61d597c281796a1abc3478d8598ca734.jpg

Most of them looked too old and too short for their bikes.......so I had the Camera ready just in case of mishaps!

And for some strange reason today I felt in sync again with the Strom again. Weird! :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

And for some strange reason today I felt in sync again with the Strom again. Weird! :classic_unsure:

You're trying to deny the hard truth, that you're made for the Strom :classic_laugh::littleguy::dancebanana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You're trying to deny the hard truth, that you're made for the Strom :classic_laugh::littleguy::dancebanana:

They are very good bikes! But ultimately I'm sure it'll come down to this.........nothing is ever going to be a perfect match for me like an XT.

But of course they stopped making them 5 years ago.

I am keeping my eye out for a very late, low mileage, non-abused one. But they're rare now unfortunately.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

They are very good bikes! But ultimately I'm sure it'll come down to this.........nothing is ever going to be a perfect match for me like an XT.

But of course they stopped making them 5 years ago.

I am keeping my eye out for a very late, low mileage, non-abused one. But they're rare now unfortunately.

can you get the XR650L over there they haven't changed since they were first introduced but can still be bought new in the states 

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

can you get the XR650L over there they haven't changed since they were first introduced but can still be bought new in the states 

No.......same as DR650.....not available here due to emissions. As is the case with the UK.

If I could get a new DR650 I'd get one tomorrow......no hesitation.

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

No.......same as DR650.....not available here due to emissions. As is the case with the UK.

If I could get a new DR650 I'd get one tomorrow......no hesitation.

I really want to try the XR650L i really want one but a test ride would to put it to rest either way for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I really want to try the XR650L i really want one but a test ride would to put it to rest either way for me.

I think they were never sold here. But we had street legal XR600R and the NX650, maybe Honda thought the L would be too much of an effort for a small gain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had one and loved it. Solid bike and capable as a distance tool or thrashing around the Derbyshire trails.

A86C3B07-3F1F-425D-9FD3-468ED54CC390.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

Why is the Stop sign in Eenglish?

In the UK STOP signs are the only octagonal shaped sign plate. The Give Way is the only upside down triangle plate. This is so they will both be recognised even when covered in snow.

We are not supposed to ever build a new junction that needs a STOP sign, sight lines should always be good enough for a Give Way sign. Therefore the only STOP signs should be at old historic junctions where buildings or walls are unlikely to ever be demolished or rebuilt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

In the UK STOP signs are the only octagonal shaped sign plate. The Give Way is the only upside down triangle plate. This is so they will both be recognised even when covered in snow.

We are not supposed to ever build a new junction that needs a STOP sign, sight lines should always be good enough for a Give Way sign. Therefore the only STOP signs should be at old historic junctions where buildings or walls are unlikely to ever be demolished or rebuilt.

When are we going to have some abandoned Victorian toilet ride reports Yen? 

You need to embrace Dark Motorcycling......and I don't think there's anybody better qualified than you!

• Haha 2