Last Weekend of August!

XTreme

You may remember that I mentioned that I was contacted by a Brit guy who lives about 15 miles from me about a month ago.  I've never met him, but he's got a Strom and wanted to meet up.

I told him I was going to find Retamalejo and that it may get a bit hard. And never heard any more.

Well I did find it, it was hard.......and I got heatstroke!

Anyway, he just contacted me again and wanted to meet up for a coffee on Sunday. I told him that I go out to ride......and have no interest in going in bars (particularly now Covid is back).

However, I did tell him that I'm planning to try and find this abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura on Sunday if he's interested? 

lg.jpg.b36694aa08565845248973a7161905b2.jpg

But I added the disclaimer that I've no idea how rough it's going to get......just to make him aware of what he's getting himself into.

And that's absolutely true......it may be straight forward or it could be The Road of Bones! But at least it's forecast to be cooler so dehydration and heatstroke shouldn't be a factor this time.

No reply so far......just see what happens. But I'll be going......this has been planned out for some time.

So what are you lot up to?

• Like 3

Probably going to go to M&P in Swansea tomorrow to pick up the screen i should have got when i drove past there on the way home from work today also looking for a new helmet and boots. Thumbs still not right so not sure if i'll be doing any riding

34 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes i'm sitting here waiting to see what bike Yen is getting and i ain't going to bed until i know lol

Whatever bike it is it'll be covered in shit within about 10 minutes!

And it'll never, ever be washed!

• Haha 1

I'm gonna ride like my hair is on fire and my ass is catchin' !

Gonna hit up an old abandoned  train station, some old train cars, gold mines that are outta business and then have whiskey and whores at the hotel tomorrow night.

It's all true except the whiskey and whores part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Earache said:

I'm gonna ride like my hair is on fire and my ass is catchin' !

Gonna hit up an old abandoned  train station, some old train cars, gold mines that are outta business and then have whiskey and whores at the hotel tomorrow night.

It's all true except the whiskey and whores part.

Sounds like a good one Eric! :littleguy:

18 minutes ago, Earache said:

Hope it warms up a bit though - only 51F / 10C here now. Should be better tomorrow though.

And I want it to cool down! :classic_laugh:

Just went to my car and on the way back i hears an unusual noise coming up the hill, it's a lad on a small electric trail bike, sounded like a radio controlled car combined with the hum of of the knobbly tyres the tyres were louder than the bike apart from the silence i'm still unsure if i liked it.

Well I didn't do the planned trip to the abandoned village today......had a few things on so it would have taken too long.

But where I went was even better........and turned out to be the Darkest Motorcycling so far! 

On 28/08/2020 at 13:05, XTreme said:

Come on you fucking casuals......isn't anybody doing anything? :wank4az:

oh dear.....I am always late to the party....?  There were plans and now they are done.....got our fuel early in the week so we could make a few good outings this weekend.  Went up and down some crazy rocky stuff to get the challenge of the week done.  My skills are coming along at the downhill, so happy about that.  Also went on a longer ride Saturday to a high spot, out of the trees, to enjoy the view.  ?

BC7F75F6-1040-44B7-9E87-9196111DDBCD.thumb.jpeg.04d3533cba12465291f48aba973b8fe6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1