Stand by your beds, Wales is OPEN...........

boboneleg

So the w*nker in charge of Wales said we are allowed to invade again, well I don't need a second invitation :littleguy:

No gestapo on the M4 once I'd crossed the bridge so away we go, off at jct 28, up through Risca and onto Machen, time to stop and get some fuel.

Fuckmine, what's all this shit ?

IMG_6982.thumb.JPEG.0b7fcc854a8bf058fc5f71aad33dfc27.JPEG

Anyway, I got some fuel and made my escape, obviously the they realised that the T700 is too cool to be classed as an off road bike ?

Made my way up around Caerphilly and through Abertriwr to go through Senghenydd when all hell broke loose, cops everywhere , chopper in the sky , the whole caboodle .  Obviosly looking for stray Ingerlish but I managed to escape.

On a serious note, anything on the news boys as it looked pretty serious up there ?

Now this is what we're talking about, the road over the top from Bedlinog is a corker............

IMG_6984.thumb.JPEG.a35d04b6762bd56b5de25a7597eeec4a.JPEG

Onwards and across to Fochriw and passing the remains of the old mines and the bridges that took the trains to them.............

IMG_6985.thumb.JPEG.be336871c8a739fdf0354264ecd67d1a.JPEG

and then I sneaked though Dowlais to get to go by the Brecon  Mountain Railway to get to Pontsticill.

https://www.bmr.wales/

I made my way down past the reservoirs before stopping at Talybont for a coffee break...........

IMG_6986.thumb.JPEG.27a308a8a66f10ef26a4346b40857950.JPEG

I rode on through the back lanes to get to the Upper Chapel road.  As this bike is fairly new to me and only just run in I was now in the position to give it a good test. The road from Brecon to Builth Wells via Upper Chapel (Capel Uchaf) is a great road to test a bike, undulations , sharp bends, straights, it has it all and the Yam passed with flying colours, I am really starting to like this bike.

Down through Builth and on to Hundred House and so to the A44 before passing briefly back into England at Kington.  I took some back roads down through Brilley skirting the border the whole time , got to love a road with a grass strip down the middle :littleguy:

IMG_6988.thumb.JPEG.22068691b7fe4c3c2c0d397485ca7484.JPEG

and down into Clyro and onto Talgarth, here the road was blocked so I took the alternative route past Llangorse Lake before dropping down through Llangynidr and stopping for another break by the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal .................

IMG_6989.thumb.JPEG.0cb1e03d7b7c18cd4fe13be583435673.JPEG

I made my way past Abergavenny and Raglan and onto the back roads befor one last stop just before Chepstow and the Severn Bridge to take me back over the water and into England.  I've ridden through here before (early in the morning when no one was about) but they're making it plain now that we are not welcome..........

IMG_6991.thumb.JPEG.ce9d54aced70bb15c4031069d4eabf46.JPEG

However, it seems that this area is reserved for some other sort of activity ?

IMG_6990.thumb.JPEG.86de2f1a0e8b2603d89a3df8da98d69d.JPEG

I'll leave that to your imagination .....................  ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Excellent Bob!

WTF is going on there with no fuel for off road bikes and cops out in choppers?

Sounds like it's turning into a Police State from some Soviet era Eastern bloc country.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Bob!

WTF is going on there with no fuel for off road bikes and cops out in choppers?

Sounds like it's turning into a Police State from some Soviet era Eastern bloc country.

Not sure what the coppers were up to but the wording on the sign is a bit misleading its more for unregistered bikes who have to ride illegally to fill up there but as usual they group us all the same 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks cool, and the T7 looks great as well.

I would guess that the actual call to the cops might go weirdly: "they're filling up on petrol!"

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Maybe get there next year.  Trying to plan a trip to Spain with a tour group, then keep the bike and head north into UK to see some "friends".  You know, those online peeps you've talked to for years but never seen face to face. Plus a couple that i have met face to face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfalfa said:

Maybe get there next year.  Trying to plan a trip to Spain with a tour group, then keep the bike and head north into UK to see some "friends".  You know, those online peeps you've talked to for years but never seen face to face. Plus a couple that i have met face to face.

If you get down south then look us up Rick!

• Like 1

Laurent would have to give me permission of course.  If it isnt doable, then i will just return it and finding something in the UK

15 hours ago, BusBoy said:

I've never talked to you ! I've thrown a few insults and now you want to visit? .................. ?

?

Oh, and you.  I forgot about you.   I was really referring to my riding friends.  Not the wanna be skippers. ?

• Haha 2