squoze a last one in

MooN

My presemce has been equested and required at work tomorrow, but I had to pick N01 up from the physio at 16h00 so the afternoon was pretty screwed by the time I could get out with the bike, but I squoze in a last ride before real life restarts.  

having not planned anything and not wanting to waste time doing so I just did one of my "box the compass" rides ie ride north for half an hour ( west of north in this case) then turn left and ride west for half an hour, then turn laft again to ride south for half an hour and left again for a half an hour... not being too particular about the time and only roughly the direction, I just take the next promising looking road the looks like it goes the right way, found some crackers today.

I said the other day that I often come across these, this one was again in the middle of nowhere, down a dirt track somewhere out towards Aillant sur Tholon.

DSC04056.thumb.JPG.190a216dfa422934c357cd6afe5b9151.JPG

" eternel souvenir of the resistant CHAPOTIN Henry of AUGY, chief warrant officer, shot by the gestapo *th August 1944 at the age of 19."

DSC04054.thumb.JPG.60906fdf393a898b2e4b885c23511878.JPG

up across the tops, dodging the rain clouds DSC04059.thumb.JPG.a7110530190f372640bfcb267984238d.JPG

I really should have thrown that bloody orange sign in the ditch before taking this photo!

Back in the sunshine

DSC04062.thumb.JPG.a4a026368fbf35d776424b0fb9f3e709.JPG

and into the woods

DSC04070.thumb.JPG.1d376aef33761a14d82d8dbfd60afa89.JPG

DSC04075.thumb.JPG.fc25a3fbed03e2e6af443fd8a1cecd39.JPG

DSC04073.thumb.JPG.0c7d9b4479386e3755f0b00735582d79.JPG

found a nice country retreat for my retirement DSC04067.thumb.JPG.a783bb6eac5a1b9d8bf1ad05262bb1b5.JPG

it was starting to get late , gone 19h30 already so I headed for home with no more photo stops. did about 130k in all, just bimbling around. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Excellent Chris!

Will you be back in work full time now?

yup, in theory. the only thing that will fuck it up will be Boris and his bloody stupid 14day quarantine clusterfuck.  Actually, no, fuck it, keep 'em, we're picking up french bookings hand ove fist apparently. Still lost 40% of annual turnover though so this winter is going to be tough and we're going to be short staffed and underfunded for this season so it remains to be seen if I can hack it.  I'm prepared to work hard and muck in and do extra, but not if I am forced to do shoddy work due to no parts and no staff, i'm not up for that, i'd rather go do something else. we'll see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MooN said:

yup, in theory. the only thing that will fuck it up will be Boris and his bloody stupid 14day quarantine clusterfuck.  Actually, no, fuck it, keep 'em, we're picking up french bookings hand ove fist apparently. Still lost 40% of annual turnover though so this winter is going to be tough and we're going to be short staffed and underfunded for this season so it remains to be seen if I can hack it.  I'm prepared to work hard and muck in and do extra, but not if I am forced to do shoddy work due to no parts and no staff, i'm not up for that, i'd rather go do something else. we'll see.

The business fallout from Covid is going to be considerable!

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Got to say Chris, you do live in a great area for riding, doesn't seem to matter which direction you head there are good roads and history everywhere :dancebanana:

When we were planning to leave Britain in 2005......I wanted to go to France!

But I was outvoted 3-1. Will of the people and all that!

Then youngest boy went to NL in 2013, eldest to Poland in 2016..........and it was their votes that tipped it.

Ironically I was the only one who learned to speak Spanish.......the boys were too lazy and the wife was dyslexic! 

So I'm here in Spain, speaking Spanish........and I didn't even want to come here!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

So I'm here in Spain, speaking Spanish........and I didn't even want to come here!

But you like it there, right?

I';ve only been to Spain a couple of times but thought it was fantastic. Wouldn't mind living there myself.

6 minutes ago, Earache said:

But you like it there, right?

I';ve only been to Spain a couple of times but thought it was fantastic. Wouldn't mind living there myself.

Oh yes......it worked out well in the end!

And probably Spain is a better fit for me than France in terms of the temperament and nature of the people!

• Like 1

France? Oy vey if only you like grilled cheese samwhiches should you live in France...Corsica, maybe.. they do like their pork and guns in Corsica :littleguy:

On 18/06/2020 at 21:49, Tym said:

France? Oy vey if only you like grilled cheese samwhiches should you live in France...Corsica, maybe.. they do like their pork and guns in Corsica :littleguy:

yeah but, they also like cheese with maggots in it and organised crime...

@XTreme I reckon you fell on your feet Pete, though temperament wise france has as large a range of temperaments as it does wine or cheese, you just need to find the one that suits.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MooN said:

I reckon you fell on your feet Pete, though temperament wise france has as large a range of temperaments as it does wine or cheese, you just need to find the one that suits.

Yeh.......probably so Chris!

I've always found that people tend to take you as you are in  Spain.

If they like you......they'll do anything for you and ask for nothing in return.

If they don't like you, then the whole community closes ranks and life becomes very difficult. If not impossible!

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.......probably so Chris!

I've always found that people tend to take you as you are in  Spain.

If they like you......they'll do anything for you and ask for nothing in return.

If they don't like you, then the whole community closes ranks and life becomes very difficult. If not impossible!

plenty places like that all over the world I reckon. I also firmly believe that the way people treat you and react to you mirrors the way you interact to them, at least to an extent. Most people who are accepted and integrated into a community are people who are non judgemental,  and accepting of different  ways of thinking and living, not neccessarily better, or worse, just different.

9 minutes ago, MooN said:

plenty places like that all over the world I reckon. I also firmly believe that the way people treat you and react to you mirrors the way you interact to them, at least to an extent. Most people who are accepted and integrated into a community are people who are non judgemental,  and accepting of different  ways of thinking and living, not neccessarily better, or worse, just different.

And Brits are probably the worst in respect of integrating. Certainly in Spain!

On 23/06/2020 at 23:41, XTreme said:

And Brits are probably the worst in respect of integrating. Certainly in Spain!

I have to agree with you there Pete, though the dutch are probably a close second....  I never admit to being english unless I have to. 

Just now, MooN said:

I have to agree with you there Pete, though the dutch are probably a close second....  I never admit to being english unless I have to. 

As I said before......when I tell people I'm Welsh their mood changes completely!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Their mood will probably change again when they find out your from Swansea :rofl:

The word on Swansea hasn't reached this far yet Fred! Thank god!

Had enough of store detectives following us everywhere we went.

• Haha 2