Stubborn old twat.

Saul

Because Apple doesn’t play nicely with the Honda Roadsync App I haven’t been able to properly use the connectivity on my Hornet.   It won’t let me use Spotify or Google Maps which pisses me off.   I like things to work.   Anyway I’m invested in iPhones and Apple, I know it is a choice but I don’t like the Android interface.  Anyway to stubborn to give in and not use the bikes tech I have bought a cheapie Samsung to use exclusively with my bike.   Before anyone asks I have always had two phones, one for work and my own.   
To be honest for £99 it works pretty well, the only thing it can’t do is digital pay but that’s not a problem for me.  Now have to spend a couple of hours pairing it to the bike and my helmet coms.  

If anyone is the slightest bit interested it is a Samsung A05s.   

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.a3f4d633a428f26c0e8a093653d5ee63.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Better off with Android!

I was just sick in my mouth reading that, but won’t rant I know not everyone sees the light 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I am Apple through and through but I only use android phones.

I personally I just don’t like them, it was a dark day at work when they replaced our iPhones with Samsung so I have had to adapt.   ☹️

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Saul said:

I was just sick in my mouth reading that, but won’t rant I know not everyone sees the light 🤣

With Apple stuff, the only time you see the light is when you've got your head between your knees, waiting for them to Roger you again! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Saul said:

I personally I just don’t like them, it was a dark day at work when they replaced our iPhones with Samsung so I have had to adapt.   ☹️

Funnily,  I felt the same way when work replaced our Android phones with iPhones! Oh how we laughed every time there was an update available and the IT department sent an urgent message to all iPhone users, not to install the update until they tested it to make sure that the apps we used would still work! And then we'd wait for the inevitable patch to be tested too. Happy days! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

With Apple stuff, the only time you see the light is when you've got your head between your knees, waiting for them to Roger you again! 😂😂😂😂

You won't covert me I am afraid I have been using Apple stuff since 2006 too old to change now.     Thing is I still have my Mac Book Pro from 2006 and it still works as it should.  It's good quality stuff that just works, with the exception for the fucking Honda Roadsync App and that is down to Apple being twats about the Codecs or so I have been told.  🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

You won't covert me I am afraid I have been using Apple stuff since 2006 too old to change now.     Thing is I still have my Mac Book Pro from 2006 and it still works as it should.  It's good quality stuff that just works, with the exception for the fucking Honda Roadsync App and that is down to Apple being twats about the Codecs or so I have been told.  🙄

Sounds familiar. 

I resent having to open an iTunes account and having to give them a valid credit card details in order to be able to use their stuff! NO! Just No! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

Sounds familiar. 

I resent having to open an iTunes account and having to give them a valid credit card details in order to be able to use their stuff! NO! Just No! 😂😂😂

Its Apple Music now but I don't use it, I did but much prefer Spotify.  

• Like 1

Had an iPhone7 for a year... one of the worst mobile phones I ever bought.
- Expensive (around 600€ in 2018);
- Battery sucked, I had to charge it 3 times a day;
- Almost non customisable; 
- The storage doesn't work like the Android, couldn't add audio/video files as I liked.  
- Etc...

Got back to Android in 2019 with a Huawei P20 Pro (Huawei's Flagship phone from 2018) for 480€. Had the phone working perfectly for 4 years until it jumped off the Bike. 
Bought another one 2nd hand and it's still running without issues.
The biggest advantage of Android for me is that it lets me add "Captain Jack Sparrow" apps and I can used it just like an USB Pen. This way I don't have to pay to listen to music nor be bothered by a million ads.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Saul said:

Its Apple Music now but I don't use it, I did but much prefer Spotify.  

I'm no fan of Spotify either. I did try to use it for a while, but gave up on it. All the adverts just got on my t*ts. I tend to use Internet radio stations now. The ones I use have fewer ads, but my musical taste is less mainstream, so I guess the advertisers go for the more popular stations. 

Do you still need an Apple Music account to use the phone, or have they moved away from that now?

You do need an icloud account to use most stuff which is free but if you want to purchase apps and use apple pay you do have to register a card.    I have never had an issue though all secure, no different to Internet banking.

I  have spent an hour getting Spotify and sms texts to work on this fucking Andriod.  I  have got there now but it was way harder than need be.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

You do need an icloud account to use most stuff which is free but if you want to purchase apps and use apple pay you do have to register a card.    I have never had an issue though all secure, no different to Internet banking.

I  have spent an hour getting Spotify and sms texts to work on this fucking Andriod.  I  have got there now but it was way harder than need be.    

It's what you're used to. I can find my way around my android phone pretty smartish. I'd struggle on an iPhone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

It's what you're used to. I can find my way around my android phone pretty smartish. I'd struggle on an iPhone. 

That is the truth 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

I'm no fan of Spotify either. I did try to use it for a while, but gave up on it. All the adverts just got on my t*ts. I tend to use Internet radio stations now. The ones I use have fewer ads, but my musical taste is less mainstream, so I guess the advertisers go for the more popular stations. 

Do you still need an Apple Music account to use the phone, or have they moved away from that now?

I missed the first bit, I have got a Spotify Premium account for the family to use so no adds at all.  Of all the accounts we have Spotify would be the last to go, I love it and use it all the time.  Amazon, Netflix,  Discovery plus can all go but spotify would have to stay to the grim end.    Mind you as a family music is a big part of all our lives.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustaPor said:

Had an iPhone7 for a year... one of the worst mobile phones I ever bought.
- Expensive (around 600€ in 2018);
- Battery sucked, I had to charge it 3 times a day;
- Almost non customisable; 
- The storage doesn't work like the Android, couldn't add audio/video files as I liked.  
- Etc...

iPhone 7 was pretty bad and are mostly all dead now.    I went from 6 to 8 Plus, I still have both and they are both still working although the 6 probably needs a new battery now.  Funnily enough I have recently decided to put all my old phones on Ebay as they are just gathering dust but I am a bit of a kleptomaniac and never really want to get rid of anything which is just stupid with old tech.  Mind you I still have an Amiga 600 and an Atari 520e in the loft  😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Saul said:

iPhone 7 was pretty bad and are mostly all dead now.    I went from 6 to 8 Plus, I still have both and they are both still working although the 6 probably needs a new battery now.  Funnily enough I have recently decided to put all my old phones on Ebay as they are just gathering dust but I am a bit of a kleptomaniac and never really want to get rid of anything which is just stupid with old tech.  Mind you I still have an Amiga 600 and an Atari 520e in the loft  😳

I have a Commodore64 with the cassette drive, floppy disk, a printer and multiple broken joysticks at my parents 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JustaPor said:

Actually I have 2 Commodore64 🤣

Just found a picture I took with the iPhone787BA1934-79EA-47FB-BF37-AC96A0312513.thumb.jpg.4590cd43752cc9c31bacf5d848ee92d0.jpg.🤣

I had one with the floppy disk drive too! It has long since disappeared. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

I had one with the floppy disk drive too! It has long since disappeared. 

I was Billy big bollocks and sprung for the 20Mb Hdd for my Amiga.  🤣

• Haha 1

Talking about keeping old stuff...
My first Android phone Samsung Galaxy S, S3 mini, and my fathers S Duos... 🤣 None of them work.

ADA764CD-C05E-40DB-A938-8DD72810500B.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1