Lid Fastening - Double-D Ring or Micro Buckle?

Tango

Double-D Ring or Micro Buckle Lid Fastening?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which sort of lid fastening do you prefer?

• Double-D Ring
    • Micro Buckle

Most of my lids over the years have had Double-D ring fastening chin strap, but my newest lid has a Micro buckle. I don't know, but I'm not liking this buckle. I find that it digs into my neck and Adam's apple, making it pretty sore after a couple of hours riding. I never had that with any of the Double-D ring straps on previous lids. 

But, it seems that finding new lids with a Double-D ring fastening is getting pretty difficult!

How do you guys get on with the fastening on your lids?

30 minutes ago, Tango said:

Most of my lids over the years have had Double-D ring fastening chin strap, but my newest lid has a Micro buckle. I don't know, but I'm not liking this buckle. I find that it digs into my neck and Adam's apple, making it pretty sore after a couple of hours riding. I never had that with any of the Double-D ring straps on previous lids. 

But, it seems that finding new lids with a Double-D ring fastening is getting pretty difficult!

I found the D ring too fiddly especially with gloves on. I have only had one with the micro buckle rub my neck turned out i hadn't positioned the protective padding behind it properly, it was ok once i got that right

• Like 1

Double D are bloody awkward at times, much prefer the buckle system it's much easier and it must have been rated as good enough to pass the tests so Heading Over On My Way GIF by Pudgy Penguins

• Like 1

Both my lids have the buckle, would prefer D rings out of choice but I haven't seen them as an option of most lids.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tango said:

same with the buckle ..... thin neck tube helps, 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Fixed 

you not used yours for so long your mrs has made a hanging basket out of it

99e065aad85796b63bf42e583d9b6a3b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3