Indian power.

Indian bought out the FTR in 2019. Since then Indian have won the super twin class 4 times & I can't find the results for last year, so it might be 5, i.e. every year. . 

Harley have won the twin class twice (dunno about the result for 2023). Not sure what the difference between twin and super twin is ( and dont care enough to google it 😁). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Flat_Track

13 hours ago, Nute said:

Indian bought out the FTR in 2019. Since then Indian have won the super twin class 4 times & I can't find the results for last year, so it might be 5, i.e. every year. . 

Harley have won the twin class twice (dunno about the result for 2023). Not sure what the difference between twin and super twin is ( and dont care enough to google it 😁). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Flat_Track

Indian have been winning the unrestricted class which is now called Super Twins since 2017, Harley were caught with their pants down and have been trying to get more juice out of their LC motor, Harley have won the restricted production Twins class since the two classes were split. At some point Harley will up their game but they seem to be more focussed on the larger displacement bagger racing at the moment.

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

Indian have been winning the unrestricted class which is now called Super Twins since 2017, Harley were caught with their pants down and have been trying to get more juice out of their LC motor, Harley have won the restricted production Twins class since the two classes were split. At some point Harley will up their game but they seem to be more focussed on the larger displacement bagger racing at the moment.

Pants down !...how the truth hurts..

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Pants down !...how the truth hurts..

When are you trading your Road Glide copy in for an FTR then?

I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about Harley’s but it does seem that actually having some competition, in the form of Indian, might be good for both companies. A lot of the big Harley’s actually had relatively low power outputs ( but reasonable torque) but more recently the sportster s ( and others) has seen this improved with a liquid cooled engine. Might seem like an abomination for the air cooled purists but If I could get past the feet forward riding stance I’d consider one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nute said:

I’ll be the first to admit I know nothing about Harley’s but it does seem that actually having some competition, in the form of Indian, might be good for both companies. A lot of the big Harley’s actually had relatively low power outputs ( but reasonable torque) but more recently the sportster s ( and others) has seen this improved with a liquid cooled engine. Might seem like an abomination for the air cooled purists but If I could get past the feet forward riding stance I’d consider one.

Well said...Buckster won't admit it but it's a fact....my harley buddy's are calling the 2024 harley road glide challenger...it's and exact copie of a indian challenger..with less power ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marcel said:

Well said...Buckster won't admit it but it's a fact....my harley buddy's are calling the 2024 harley road glide challenger...it's and exact copie of an indian challenger..with less power ...

Considering the Indian is an obvious Harley copy it is impossible for the Harley to be an Indian copy.

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Buckster said:

Considering the Indian is an obvious Harley copy it is impossible for the Harley to be an Indian copy.

Being that your a Harley purist...give me your honest thoughts on the 2024 Harleys...in light of indian recent years of direct competition do you think there finally moving in the right direction  ?

50 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Being that your a Harley purist...give me your honest thoughts on the 2024 Harleys...in light of indian recent years of direct competition do you think there finally moving in the right direction  ?

The competition has been good for them but they have other agendas as well including electric and other genres like dual sport. Indian is just a brand, not a manufacturer like Harley. The problem the motorcycle world has is electric, if everything switched to electric right now, the motorcycle industry would die as a whole. In thirty years time everything will look very different. I’ll be even better looking and you will have have been suffocated by your chins.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

The competition has been good for them but they have other agendas as well including electric and other genres like dual sport. Indian is just a brand, not a manufacturer like Harley. The problem the motorcycle world has is electric, if everything switched to electric right now, the motorcycle industry would die as a whole. In thirty years time everything will look very different. I’ll be even better looking and you will have have been suffocated by your chins.

Going electric....not on my watch....even car manufacturers are all pulling away from it now...it's a total bullshit of a bad idea...mostly propaganda from  the left pussys everimental freaks....

46 minutes ago, Marcel said:

You still haven't  answered my question...your thoughts on the 2024 line...what do you think of the new look ?

It's good, I wonder how long until Indian try to copy it.

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

It's good, I wonder how long until Indian try to copy it.

Fucking twat !...looks like the 2025 models will have and adjustable windscreen...the copie of the challenger will be complete by harley by then....

Indian might be a brand ...a brand who makes excellent motorcycles in the cruiser market...your just to of and idiot and your fell for the Harley gondra and culture....to me your nothing more than those Harley wannabe biker who think there part of and outlaw motorcycle gang who spend there time running to coffee shops...lol

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

your just to of and idiot and your fell for the Harley gondra and culture....to me your nothing more than those Harley wannabe biker who think there part of and outlaw motorcycle gang who spend there time running to coffee shops...lol

Yep! You got his number Marcel!

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Indian might be a brand ...a brand who makes excellent motorcycles in the cruiser market...your just to of and idiot and your fell for the Harley gondra and culture....to me your nothing more than those Harley wannabe biker who think there part of and outlaw motorcycle gang who spend there time running to coffee shops...lol

Shouldn't you be in the woods getting bummed by Billy Bob?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Buckster said:

My FTR is a brilliant fun and certainly no copy. Bikes made for the US cruiser market all look similar because it’s what the yanks want, but seems to me Harley only upped their game and produced a liquid cooled engine with a decent power output because Indian were doing it? 

Indian is not going to challenge Harley in terms of sales, at least not for a long time. There is a chunk of the bike riding community who just want a Harley because it’s a Harley, just like there are Ducati die hards. Indian hasn’t got that brand cachet. At least not yet. 

Just noticed you are in Edinburgh, I got mine from Saltire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Shouldn't you be in the woods getting bummed by Billy Bob?

The atv is retired for the season...trails have turn to shit...there's like 6 inches of slop everywheres....

1 minute ago, Marcel said:

The atv is retired for the season...trails have turn to shit...there's like 6 inches of slop everywheres....

Sounds good get out there :littleguy:

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

That was pretty good hey ?

I don't know why he continues to get into these battles of wits with you Marcel......he always comes up short!

• Haha 1