deepest Burgundy

MooN

I thought I'd do something useful yesterday ( yes, me! Useful! :thud:) adn reckons I could tie it in with some riding. Since mother in Law was hospitalised at short notice a couple of weeks ago there were some loose ends needing tying up at her place, car to put in the garage, house to shut up properly and not least her Tax declaration to figure out and send in ( it seems that the French tax office does not recognise " being rushed to hospital with terminal illness" as a valid reason for late submission of declaration and will incurr a 10% penalty... wankers!)  I also needed to make sure her home help was paid and that all declared for last month too. So, off at 09h00 ish and had planned a back road route that i'd never done before taking me via Pouilly en Auxois, Beaune, Verdun sur le Doubs to Louhans. 873722197_Screenshot(10).png.ddd8ee228e459b3ff63397694810c99e.png

DSC03974.thumb.JPG.353022d189e84ec671cacb83d9056f72.JPG

DSC03977.thumb.JPG.802559727e33623d5035e1d0369e7a1f.JPG

564354479_DSC03982(2).thumb.JPG.093e83e065ac082146f317981f226bcc.JPG

I had to stop in the centre of Beaune for some luxury goods from https://www.mulotpetitjean.com/en/  the best pain d'epice EVER! but with shops only in Dijon or Beaune we don't get it very often ( it's also bloody expensive!) 

parked illegally infornt of a posh cheese shop, can't not get some smelly cheese now can I? DSC03985.thumb.JPG.073fd47b36e16a25fefe792ad16a2f05.JPG

I didn't stop much after that cos I needed to get on and get food before a telephone meeting I had scheduled for 14h00. 

Lunch IMG_1272.thumb.JPG.eb79db2f4caca088884014912c5c4a85.JPG

IMG_1273.thumb.JPG.f16bb81afbca129a94a53627112cbff9.JPG

i did what I needed to do in Louhans and set off home, lateer than planned and riding into fast deteriorating weather.

Louhans - Chalon - mercurey- Couches - Autun - Brazey en Morvan - Saulieu - Avallon and home. I had planned on a more roundabout route but with time getting on and a number of storm cells moving eastwards in front of me I simply aimed for a gap and managed to pass between to cells riding some drenched roads but not actually getting actively rained on, the strom cell coming up from the west which I needed to stay in front off was quite impressive but moving fast so I didn't stop for any photos on the way home, just snapping this one specially for @XTreme once I got in and just before the heavens opened...

DSC03990.thumb.JPG.4b025d52b539067f1547c038a8050209.JPG

430 kilometers, beautiful scenery and roads and acheived something useful to boot all in all a successful day, AND i got to stuff myself silly with Pain d'epice at the end of it :dancebanana:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant Chris! Scenery and buildings look so different there compared to what I'm used to!

And that's some weird shit on your plate! 

In fact it looks even more weird than the shit @Pedro eats!

55 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And that's some weird shit on your plate! 

In fact it looks even more weird than the shit @Pedro eats!

Salade de gesiers, fois gras et poulet de Bresse. bloody good it was too, though a little pricey in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I haven't got a clue what foie gras is! I'm from Swansea not fucking Kensington! :classic_unsure:

Come on @MooN, Pete thinks kebabs are exotic.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, XTreme said:

How can I understand French?

look it up in english ya twat, its called the same thing

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, MooN said:

look it up in english ya twat, its called the same thing

Look at this cunt @Buckster.........he eats some disgusting French stuff with a funny name that looks like vomit (and they tuck him on the price)......and he says I'm the twat!

On 15/06/2020 at 20:26, Catteeclan said:

No chance of bangers n mash then. ? Them panniers look huge from the back..

never measured how big my bum is in those panniers, no wider than the tralp was though with 2 x 52L givi's on and stuck out each side the width of the exhaust, about 1m10 if I remember right