CF Moto 800

Saul

36 minutes ago, Buckster said:

That's Pete's evening sorted, I hope he has plenty of tissues.

Give me the real Strom any day......not some Chinky parts bin special!

27 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Don't know the expert said it's better than a storm..

Having a YouTube channel is your idea of an expert? 

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nathan talks a lot of sense to me , I like his reviews , he doesn't butter up to the manufacturers.

Does he get the mail right? My local postman is a twat who always bends magazines, wouldn’t trust a word he says about bikes even though he rides a Honda.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Does he get the mail right? My local postman is a twat who always bends magazines, wouldn’t trust a word he says about bikes even though he rides a Honda.

Neevesy in MCN is the man!

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Neevesy in MCN is the man!

He is, definitely a good one.

Give the guys at Moto.it a look, they’re good. The silly guy at motojournal is also a great rider and incredibly knowledgeable but his french comedic antics sort of distract from it.

edit: ignore all portuguese!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Nathan isn’t a postman, he adopted the moniker because he rode an Aussie postie bike from Australia back to the UK.   He runs Dorothy’s Speed Shop in North Devon and runs all sorts of biking events from Green Laning to tours of Europe etc.   He runs a fleet of bikes of all sorts of makes.  Interesting guy with no axe to grind.  I don’t mind Neevesy but you can follow more than one reviewer, it’s allowed 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Saul said:

I don’t mind Neevesy but you can follow more than one reviewer, it’s allowed 😉

What you have now is these amateur podcasters with no discernible track record monetising their vids and dragging the fucking thing out.

I don't want to see 30 mins of some monosyllabic Northerner wobbling down some UK B road in the pissing rain droning on about mindless shit.

This is how it's done......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

What you have now is these amateur podcasters with no discernible track record monetising their vids and dragging the fucking thing out.

I don't want to see 30 mins of some monosyllabic Northerner wobbling down some UK B road in the pissing rain droning on about mindless shit.

I know you are a Neevesey fanboy and I am not putting him down but the point is there are plenty of opinions out there and we are all free to listen or not and value or not the ones we choose. There are good and bad I will make my own choices.   I like Nathan, I don't say he is the best but I am interested in what he has to say.       If you actually listened to what Nathan had to say he was pretty hard on the CF Moto but of course it's your prerogative not to if you don't want to.   I personally think you would be mad to spunk £10k on one.  I remember a candid chat with a local bike sales man who would not touch a CF Moto with a barge pole, given the warranty claims his boss was dealing with.   I value that opinion because he was talking about  1st hand experience.    If it were my money and I wanted a mid sized ADV bike  I would go Japanese made in Japan but it would be a dull world if you couldn't look at the options and opinions before making a choice.    And god forbid chat about it on a bike forum.  🙂

• Like 2

I would have another CFMoto, I only had a couple on problems with mine during my ownership, which the guys at the bike shop sorted very quickly.

My decision to buy one was based on price (tight git) and I liked the overall look of the bike, but for £4500 on the road I did not expect it to be so good a bike.

It's dead now, crappy Veglia Ducati electrics killed it, they are now fitted with Bosch electrics.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Clive said:

I would have another CFMoto, I only had a couple on problems with mine during my ownership, which the guys at the bike shop sorted very quickly.

My decision to buy one was based on price (tight git) and I liked the overall look of the bike, but for £4500 on the road I did not expect it to be so good a bike.

It's dead now, crappy Veglia Ducati electrics killed it, they are now fitted with Bosch electrics.

Salesman Chap I was talking said that they had had 4 x 700 CF Motos back with ECU failure and they had been waiting 4 months for new ECU's which were on back order.  I didn't ask any more than that so may very well not be the Bosch ones.    I did like the look of a CF Moto 650 GT they had in the shown room it was 18 months old for £4600 but I just couldn't take that  leap of faith at the time.   

• Like 2

The Veglia Ducati ECU was fitted on models up to around 2018, there were still older unregistered models in the shops, In a group I was in there were 6 owners, 4 of the guys bikes ECU,s went POP, they were using the Veglia ECU, which now seem like they are made of unobtainium 😂 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Clive said:

The Veglia Ducati ECU was fitted on models up to around 2018, there were still older unregistered models in the shops, In a group I was in there were 6 owners, 4 of the guys bikes ECU,s went POP, they were using the Veglia ECU, which now seem like they are made of unobtainium 😂 

Sounds like the story that was told to me.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

So a bloke who rides a 125cc bike all the way from Australia to England, has taken groups from England to Scotland and to the Alps and back doesn't know what he's on about .  He might have a northern accent but he's definitely not a 'puddle dodger'  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

So a bloke who rides a 125cc bike all the way from Australia to England, has taken groups from England to Scotland and to the Alps and back doesn't know what he's on about .  He might have a northern accent but he's definitely not a 'puddle dodger'  :classic_laugh:

Bike testing and evaluating bikes for consumer use is a totally different skillset from motorcycle touring. How long has he been doing these tests.....not that long is it? 

He might have a favourable opinion on a bike now (as it's new)........but 5 years down the road and 50k on the clock is a different matter entirely with these Chinese things. Whereas it isn't with a Jap.

Don't you wonder why he's doesn't get invited to the major brand launches..........and is usually resigned to testing things like this supplied by a local dealer?

He's welcome to his opinion......same as you're welcome to take it on board. But he's not at the level that the manufacturers consider him relevant enough to pull him in on the big events like this......

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Bike testing and evaluating bikes for consumer use is a totally different skillset from motorcycle touring. How long has he been doing these tests.....not that long is it? 

He might have a favourable opinion on a bike now (as it's new)........but 5 years down the road and 50k on the clock is a different matter entirely with these Chinese things. Whereas it isn't with a Jap.

Don't you wonder why he's doesn't get invited to the major brand launches..........and is usually resigned to testing things like this supplied by a local dealer?

He's welcome to his opinion......same as you're welcome to take it on board. But he's not at the level that the manufacturers consider him relevant enough to pull him in on the big events like this......

Yes but those sort of tests piss me off, pulling wheelies and shit while it's fun will get you in trouble eventually .  I've no interest in watching Billy Big Bollocks riding up and down the road pulling wheelies (even though I used to it) .  Nathan rides in the real world not at some journos launch where the twats all try to outdo each other .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nathan rides in the real world not at some journos launch where the twats all try to outdo each other .

Yes he does......but it's not my world, and it's not the type of riding that I do.

Also, it's very rare he ever tests something that's of interest to me. 

One of the very best reviewers was the late Kevin Ash! Whatever he said, you could take it to the bank!

We've still had no definitive answers on his death while riding that GS! I don't put it down to rider error.

• Like 2