New shocks

Buckster

I think I am going to get some new rear shocks, I serviced the air shocks a while back and it improved them a lot but they are still crap for our lovely pock marked roads so it is time to get something better. I have done a bit of research, general consensus is that Ohlins are best but at a price that is just stupid, next best are less than have the price so I’m planning on getting a set of THESE. I’m pretty sure anything will be better than stock so these should be a major improvement, I’ll be running rings round sports bikes any day now.

• Like 4

I sold some Ohlins recently for a V-Rod .

We had them to fit on a twin shock race bike but the project got shelved, the buyer was well chuffed with them .

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Buckster said:

I think I am going to get some new rear shocks, I serviced the air shocks a while back and it improved them a lot but they are still crap for our lovely pock marked roads so it is time to get something better. I have done a bit of research, general consensus is that Ohlins are best but at a price that is just stupid, next best are less than have the price so I’m planning on getting a set of THESE. I’m pretty sure anything will be better than stock so these should be a major improvement, I’ll be running rings round sports bikes any day now.

Don't waste your money trying to make it ride like and Indian...trade the fucking thing...the 2024 HD  are still the same crap suspension geometry...

• Haha 2

On 25/02/2024 at 15:22, Buckster said:

Have you checked Nitron? They're similar in quality to Ohlins for motorsport, but cheaper and made in the UK.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Have you checked Nitron? They're similar in quality to Ohlins for motorsport, but cheaper and made in the UK.

I fitted a Nitron on my previous DR650, nice piece of kit .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Will probably order my new shocks today, done my final research and taken a lot of advice and have come to a surprise decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

done my final research and taken a lot of advice and have come to a surprise decision.

So your junking the barge and buying a Honda then

Sister Act Reaction GIF

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

So your junking the barge and buying a Honda then

Sister Act Reaction GIF

Go fuck yourself in the arse with your peg leg.

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

It’s all very exciting, I will post pictures once I get the steel girders.

So you're definitely going uprated then

Awesome Like It GIF by Tommy Toskonaut

• Haha 2

Once they are fitted I will go hunting for sports bike riders to humiliate.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Once they are fitted I will go hunting for sports bike riders to humiliate.

Why? Are you fed up with just humiliating yourself? 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Busabeast ?

I don't ride a sports bike anymore its classed as a hyperbike apparently...

Though not that he'd get anywhere near me given his hardly accelerates like it's tied to a large ships anchor 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

I don't ride a sports bike anymore its classed as a hyperbike apparently...

Though not that he'd get anywhere near me given his hardly accelerates like it's tied to a large ships anchor 

You’d be faster even on a Vespa, dude!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Shut it wetback. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Wetback.....?   Mexican?

Yeah, well he is a Mexican.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You have a point, what has to have gone through someone's mind when they've stooped so low and bought a bike that is slower than a vespa 

• Haha 2

Just now, busabeast said:

You have a point, what has to have gone through someone's mind when they've stooped so low and bought a bike that is slower than a vespa 

No Idea Idk GIF by UFC

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, YamaHead said:

Only make that Hardley's have anything over on, is Hoover..... coz they can carry (2) dirtbags!

Getting trolled by a human toaster is a new low, even for me,

• Haha 2