Jump to content

New paint skeem


Marcel

Recommended Posts

Trying to replicated the old 2004 black ktm tank sticker is going to be complicated and it's no longer available from ktm...was think just to have the 1290 badge with charcoal gray in lay and the 1290 will be orange...looking somewhat similar to the original badge.

 

20240206_052033.jpg

20240206_052045.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use the same stickers but fill in the 1290 in white or orange. The original stickers you’ve got will look nice on a nice deep metallic black.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Use the same stickers but fill in the 1290 in white or orange. The original stickers you’ve got will look nice on a nice deep metallic black.

Everything is sent to the painter...panels will a rich black with a slight metalic...the 1290 will be in orange with a charcoal gray surrounding the 1290 with a little similar  design to the stock sticker...gonna cost 600 buck taxes included ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I would put the seat back on and leave it like this 

That's kinda my way of thinking as well....go Stealth & never go back.😎

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

Oughta look pretty good....especially with most of the bike staying black.👍😎

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

Hopefully it will look okay...lol..was never a big fan of the orange colour or the satin gray...if ever later ..I can always return it to stock..new panels aren't to expensive...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Hopefully it will look okay...lol..was never a big fan of the orange colour or the satin gray...if ever later ..I can always return it to stock..new panels aren't to expensive...

Doing something about the rear panels too? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Doing something about the rear panels too? 

Your talking about this...no it's gonna remain flat black...and the other  side has and electric button to release the seat...didn't feel like taking it apart for paint...since the front is also flat black...shouldn't make a big of a  difference..should match I think.

 

Screenshot_20240206_151904_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Your talking about this...no it's gonna remain flat black...and the other  side has and electric button to release the seat...didn't feel like taking it apart for paint...since the front is also flat black...shouldn't make a big of a  difference..should match I think.

 

Screenshot_20240206_151904_Chrome.jpg

No, talking about the orange bits behind those plastic ones. Would look nice in either flat plastic or painted the same as the fronts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No, talking about the orange bits behind those plastic ones. Would look nice in either flat plastic or painted the same as the fronts.

That's actually the back frame..cast aluminum paint flat black with a orange sticker on it..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just placed the order for a arrow cat delete pipe...now it should sound like beast...like it was ment to sound like...kinda expensive thoe..lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Just placed the order for a arrow cat delete pipe...now it should sound like beast...like it was ment to sound like...kinda expensive thoe..lol.

Are you getting it mapped after you’ve deleted the cat ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are you getting it mapped after you’ve deleted the cat ?

Yes the dealer has a dyno...gonna be bring it down there mid to late April....I'm not doing anymore mods like air filter and velocity stacks...I guess some have been running them with stock mapping after the cat delete...and no problems .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wanted the titanium header pipe...but after getting the price I opped for the stainless steel..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marcel said:

Wanted the titanium header pipe...but after getting the price I opped for the stainless steel..

Titanium is crazy priced now. I have medical grade titanium bolts on my leg , they are £30 each now 😳

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Titanium is crazy priced now. I have medical grade titanium bolts on my leg , they are £30 each now 😳

Just crazy pricing....

I've gone ahead and painted the inside of the windscreen black..left a clear section just below the gps...one of the reasons for doing so ..there's about and inch gap from the front fairing to the windscreen...bug splater was finding its way behind the windscreen and looked horrible..had to take the windscreen off to clean it..pain in the arse....at least now I won't see it..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gone in Friday to check if they started working on the paint ..one panel was almost ready for paint...they have to remove the old decails...gonna be moving the re- made stickers further up on the panels ...similar to the 2024 models...hopefully it will be ready by the end of next week...there's lots of screws holding the panels in place so I've gone and label everything to make it easier for re-assembly..

 

20240210_092125.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcel said:

Gone in Friday to check if they started working on the paint ..one panel was almost ready for paint...they have to remove the old decails...gonna be moving the re- made stickers further up on the panels ...similar to the 2024 models...hopefully it will be ready by the end of next week...there's lots of screws holding the panels in place so I've gone and label everything to make it easier for re-assembly..

 

20240210_092125.jpg

You really are bored LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You really are bored LOL

Hopefully another 3 months I'll be riding again....lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Well she's all back together and back in black...

Pic from before.

It looks better in real life ..it's super shiny the pic don't do it justice..

20240205_104517.jpg

20240226_142317.jpg

20240226_142324.jpg

20240226_142330.jpg

20240226_142339.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Privacy Policy