Second Weekend in November!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Much as I love the riding experience on a GS, it's situations like that one that keep me owning a boring Honda!

All bikes need repairing, after a certain milleage.

In this case the 1600 owner filled it halfway up with diesel, then realized his mistake and filled up with petrol. And proceeded to go full gas on the motorway to clear it up because he was on a hurry, figured it was starting to stall so he got it to third gear and full gas, then it seized and was apparently glowing too :classic_laugh:

He then went and bought a scrapyard engine from the UK on ebay, which doesn’t really work either. Delicate engines regarding fuel quality, those 1600 :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

FFS! He's obviously got more money than sense then!

Wrong fuel can happen to anyone, but the clearing it out at full gas when it was dying really cracks me up. 

Well that was a turn up just got sent home from work on full pay as there was no clinician for my shift.  Once I had done my daily stuff no clinician means nothing for me to do so off I fucked home.  My own bed tonight  😎

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well that was a turn up just got sent home from work on full pay as there was no clinician for my shift.  Once I had done my daily stuff no clinician means nothing for me to do so off I fucked home.  My own bed tonight  😎

Bloody hell thats a turn up! So are you back driving again now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bloody hell thats a turn up! So are you back driving again now?

I was on the way home by 23:45.  😎  Doesn't happen often but very nice when it does.  👍

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pedro said:

Suits me fine, saturday is the day when punters show up for a chat and a coffee, and then never go away. Also it's probably going to be raining a lot.

That's what happens in my workplace as well @Pedro, my boss hates it as he can't get any work done so by Monday he's always grumpy.

• Like 3

Well my day yesterday was one that I won't forget in a hurry.  It's a long story but basically if you're in the UK don't expect much of RAC breakdown and recovery, they are the most useless w*nkers ever.

I finally got home at gone midnight after calling them at 4.27pm and my bike is till in someone's garden in Cirencester 🤬

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Well my day yesterday was one that I won't forget in a hurry.  It's a long story but basically if you're in the UK don't expect much of RAC breakdown and recovery, they are the most useless w*nkers ever.

I finally got home at gone midnight after calling them at 4.27pm and my bike is till in someone's garden in Cirencester 🤬

That is shit.  😳

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Which bike?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Which bike?

WR250, I'm now sitting here worried whether they will actually be able to recover it to my house today.  In my dealings with them yesterday I came to the conclusion that they are employing half-wits.  There is also the situation where no manager was available yesterday evening and their customer services department doesn't work on the weekend :wank4az:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

WR250, I'm now sitting here worried whether they will actually be able to recover it to my house today.  In my dealings with them yesterday I came to the conclusion that they are employing half-wits.  There is also the situation where no manager was available yesterday evening and their customer services department doesn't work on the weekend :wank4az:

Over here, Recovery is included in the price of the insurance.

And it's not done by the likes of an organisation such as the AA/RAC etc......it's a network of independent garages right through Spain.

Now if you're an Independent garage who's got a contract with the likes of Linea Directa, Liberty Seguros (that I use), Mapfre etc then you'd better be on the ball. Cos that's a regular income stream that you don't want to lose.

Consequently they're very, very good.......and the local recovery guy for Liberty Seguros is Angel at La Union Garage!. He's only about half a mile away, so it's great peace of mind if you've got a GS!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

That's what happens in my workplace as well @Pedro, my boss hates it as he can't get any work done so by Monday he's always grumpy.

Yes, if someone’s carefully looking inside my engine and closing things, I’d rather he isn’t getting suggestions by some twat that feels like “helping out”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I heard from one of Sofia’s friends in England about a very similar experience. A mate went home, got a car, and then came back with tea to wait inside the car. They got caught up with chatting though, while waiting 7 hours for the truck. Also on a friday evening/night.

Not many things work well here in Portugal, but I have used recovery trucks plenty of times ( not on the GS @XTreme!) and never had to wait more than 30/60 minutes depending on the location.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

the local recovery guy for Liberty Seguros is Angel at La Union Garage!. He's only about half a mile away, so it's great peace of mind if you've got a GS!

monday night raw whatever GIF by WWE

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Six30 said:

Its time... do it.

71824391-AE71-411E-8B87-9567C44B0B1B.jpeg

I don’t see it happening, even if it rides so great that it makes oversee the complicated nature of electronics and things about that bike, I wouldn’t buy one built before the eventual upgrades that sort new model issues. 

Also my bike is not going to be traded in and I don’t have that kind of cash available to spend on a bike right now.

• Like 2

You can say the recovery in Spain is amazing but thats the place Mr Slowly sat on the side of the road in the scorching sun for nearly 6 hours waiting for recovery when we were only 20 mins from Granada! Maybe thats a one off or a Brit hating thing but either way it’s not my experience that recovery in Spain is top notch. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You can say the recovery in Spain is amazing but thats the place Mr Slowly sat on the side of the road in the scorching sun for nearly 6 hours waiting for recovery when we were only 20 mins from Granada! Maybe thats a one off or a Brit hating thing but either way it’s not my experience that recovery in Spain is top notch. 

Is that on a spanish insurance policy?

edit: More accurately what I meant to ask was if that was on a spanish insurance policy and talking directly to a spanish line, or calling the UK to recover outside of Granada?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But he's not insured through a Spanish Insurance company is he?

Those gigs will always take preference over anything else.

Why wouldn't it be possible to be recovered? 

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Those gigs will always take preference over anything else.

It’s not that, it’s the talks between insurance companies from different areas with poor protocols. 

For that reason, my bike will always be with Allianz and with prime recovery, it served me well in Morocco previously. Will always take some time when away from home though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It was still a shit experience and it was the Spanish recovery who repeatedly didn't come out.

Were you talking to a spanish line or being told that from the UK?

• Like 1