Apple TWATS

boboneleg

So my i phone has always recorded photos in jpeg format but today the twats at Apple changed it without telling me .  The photos I took today have all been recorded in HEIC format , so I just had a to download a converter to change them to jpeg.

Why don't these twats just leave things alone .............

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Copy and paste from the thumbnail in preview and you'll bypass the forums wanky upload settings completely. Works everytime.

I tried to do that but ended up with a tiny picture, like a stamp. Where do you copy from?

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm not sure what you are doing Bob i just plug my phone into my PC and download what photos i want to a file and use them from there. Just had a look and their all JPEG files 

Just looked at my phone and it needs an update i may retract that comment once it's done :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm not sure what you are doing Bob i just plug my phone into my PC and download what photos i want to a file and use them from there. Just had a look and their all JPEG files 

Yep, mine have always been like that until yesterday.  I had to reset my phone setting to get it back to jpeg.  It automatically changed it to HEIC - High Efficiency (probably after an update) , you have to set it to Most Compatible

IMG_5922.PNG.3be0ad1fa3b0cf3a9f75fab8423ed0de.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, mine have always been like that until yesterday.  I had to reset my phone setting to get it back to jpeg.  It automatically changed it to HEIC - High Efficiency (probably after an update) , you have to set it to Most Compatible

IMG_5922.PNG.3be0ad1fa3b0cf3a9f75fab8423ed0de.PNG

That's odd Bob my phone is set to High Efficiency and all the photos are JPEG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

FFS Apple twats is damn right. 

Half way through watching ‘Speed is Expensive: the Phillip Vincent Story’ when it stops playing and this bloody message appears. 

Apparently I can only continue using ‘HDCP’

Cue another lengthy update and reboot. 

I don’t want to do any work today, the swines. 

IMG_1177.thumb.jpeg.0c12f9400042321144e0a712248ecf23.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/09/2023 at 19:28, boboneleg said:

So my i phone has always recorded photos in jpeg format but today the twats at Apple changed it without telling me .  The photos I took today have all been recorded in HEIC format , so I just had a to download a converter to change them to jpeg.

Why don't these twats just leave things alone .............

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

If you're on a PC you can download the Irfan View app. https://www.irfanview.com/

It's free and it will open almost any image format. It also let's you convert several files at ones if you want/need.

It has several other features, like resize, crop, etc...

I've been using it for years. It's great. 😉

• Like 4