Velefique and back

Skippy

Another billynomates.es adventure today to the area around Velefique known locally as the Spanish Stelvio. That’s a bit of a stretch to call it that but it’s a fantastic ride nonetheless.

I didn’t mention it to the Welsh Jonah as I wanted a stress free ride 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

IMG_3609.jpeg

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And I bet you were wishing you had an Adv Bike or Dualsport today!

To be fair, it would’ve been a little bit more comfortable, but that bike of mine goes well, handles well, and it’s not uncomfortable, even after a 370 km round-trip.

I also wish I was married to Julia Roberts, but that ain’t going to happen either! 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm going to have a field day if I ever meet your missus! :classic_laugh:

Calm down…….never gonna happen you gobshite. Mind you, at least it would start divorce proceedings! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Looks nice Ray, how did the Fazer go , everything ok now ?

Cheers Bob, it’s a spectacular area for tarmac and there’s plenty of trails too so it pretty much caters for everyone. Winter time it’s gets very cold and there’s a fair bit of snow and ice so you need to pick your time carefully.

As for the bike, yep all fine. It’s was a bad connection on the battery after all that. It seems that one of the terminal screws just wouldn’t tighten down properly and it was causing the problem (an easy fix and I did apologise for wasting their time but they were cool about it and said “that’s what the warranty is for”). They also changed the fork oil while they had it as the front felt a bit choppy. It’s so much better now.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's not a Fazer......it's an FZ6N.

This is a Fazer! Please note the downpipes!

faz23.jpg

I saw downpipes on skippys fazer too in fact there's something you may not know pete but all bikes have downpipes apart from harleys..... but more on that later 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, XTreme said:

An unfaired FZ6S Fazer is just an FZ6N.......the Fazer name is not applied to the naked.

I thought they just dropped the term Frazer when they brought out the updated model. My mate got one of the first FZ6s when they came out.
What year was your pictured one?

13 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I thought they just dropped the term Frazer when they brought out the updated model. My mate got one of the first FZ6s when they came out.
What year was your pictured one?

2004!

They continued the Fazer name for the faired ones.....including the later 800.

They originally used the Fazer name in the 80's: https://ridermagazine.com/2016/06/22/1986-yamaha-fzx700s-fazer-road-test-review/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

It's not a Fazer......it's an FZ6N.

This is a Fazer! Please note the downpipes!

faz23.jpg

That’s the version for old people Bob, those that can’t hold on over 70mph. 

• Haha 3