Fouth Weekend in July!

XTreme

It's going to be another hot one......

Screenshot2023-07-21124947.jpg.696110899282492595153d0353760af4.jpg

......but I'm going to try and get out early on Sunday.

Fuck knows when I rode the bike last so it needs a run.....and so do I.

No work on at present so I'm pretty much clear. So far!

What you up to?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, busabeast said:

This afternoon we are going to look at another prospective house, see if this one fits our needs any better, other than that not a great deal planned 

Got a link to it Rich?

37 minutes ago, busabeast said:

This afternoon we are going to look at another prospective house, see if this one fits our needs any better, other than that not a great deal planned 

Good luck. I'm fecking sick of trying to buy a flat.

The housing market has softened a lot so while mortgage rates are appalling now is probably when you stand a better chance of finding somewhere. 

Bristol tends to be insulated because there's a shortage of accommodation and probably will be for the next 20 years but even they have gone from averaging 35 people per place to 8!  

Some of the places I looked at March/April are still on the market and have dropped their prices a lot, 20k is common. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The housing market has softened a lot so while mortgage rates are appalling now is probably when you stand a better chance of finding somewhere. 

Bristol tends to be insulated because there's a shortage of accommodation and probably will be for the next 20 years but even they have gone from averaging 35 people per place to 8!  

Some of the places I looked at March/April are still on the market and have dropped their prices a lot, 20k is common. 

It's up for 110k but I'll be offering 10% less as a starting point and go from there

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It's a lot of space for the money and the garden is fixable for Skye isn't it?

Oh yeah it's definitely fixable for her, just needs abit of landscaping and getting ride of that kennel up the top, not particularly hard to fix up, in the pics it looks to be a good fit for our needs

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Looks pretty decent for the money!

As a comparison, this is what my boy in NL is buying: https://www.funda.nl/koop/eelde/huis-42270349-rembrandtweg-42/

They have overbidding there (more buyers than houses) so he's paying €370K.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

As a comparison, this is what my boy in NL is buying: https://www.funda.nl/koop/eelde/huis-42270349-rembrandtweg-42/

Nice but its not a lot for the money is it? The boys flat is currently £350k.. for a friggin flat! But it is smack bang in the centre and that always carries a hefty tag 🥹 If we ever complete that is other wise it'll be more reasonable £0 🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Bloody hell thats expensive 

22 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Not sure yet but may get the bike out for a spin on Sunday, all depends on how fecking hot it turns out to be.

Good luck. Salobreña is 29 with a feels like of 39! 

Fortunately back here it’s a lot cooler but it’s still not nice sunny summer riding weather for many days. Hope it’s wrong! 

IMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.db28c16070d59b4c09271e66fb9d3a95.jpeg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Not sure yet but may get the bike out for a spin on Sunday, all depends on how fecking hot it turns out to be.

You're itching for an Adv bike Ray! 

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I've given up looking for now, we might just get a double floor extention built on our house instead.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've given up looking for now, we might just get a double floor extention built on our house instead.

Thats the route I'd take. In Bristol you just don't get enough for your money. On an extension you'd make the money back after a few years, people like to have space, even in the short term it makes it highly desirable and you'd get what you were asking for it.

• Like 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats the route I'd take. In Bristol you just don't get enough for your money. On an extension you'd make the money back after a few years, people like to have space, even in the short term it makes it highly desirable and you'd get what you were asking for it.

The only problem with our house are the w*ankers who live on the other side of the lane , as you can see from the photo above they do nothing to help maintain the lane or the back of their houses :wank4az:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

The only problem with our house are the w*ankers who live on the other side of the lane , as you can see from the photo above they do nothing to help maintain the lane or the back of their houses :wank4az:

I didn't notice that but there are wankers everywhere 😆

In Bristol you're lucky to have that space behind your house. Nowadays computer software would have wedged a whole row of houses in there and the garden would be nonexistent or the size of a postage stamp. A lot of modern builds border on inhumane.

• Like 3