Goodys for the indian.

19 hours ago, Marcel said:

I bolted it on..cause I didn't want the mess up the finish on the plate.

20230711_183318.jpg

That won’t lift your bike you need one of these 

IMG_9704.gif

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Marcel said:

No they do everything..signal and brakes and tail lights.

That’s very cool. They must make a real difference at night with heavy rain.

• 9 months later...

It's been a wyll since the last upgrade..I removed the klock works windscreen..didn't like it..didn't offer more wind protection than the original..they both measure the same and at night...a dark tin isn't the best..I've got another windscreen on order ...it's from freedom shields ..it's and inch and half taller with a slight tin...

I'm about to leave for probably a 3000km ride second week of juin...my rear tire is showing some wear...I have a new one sitting in the basement...it's what we call the rainy season for us....it's about to turn over to 12 thousand km...just don't know if it has another ride left in it.....I have to say these metzeller cruise tec are really good tires for ride quality and all...for a cruiser....way better than the Harley brand dunlop in my opinion...

20240521_192918.jpg

20240521_193046.jpg

Screenshot_20240521_195802_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

It's been a wyll since the last upgrade..I removed the klock works windscreen..didn't like it..didn't offer more wind protection than the original..they both measure the same and at night...a dark tin isn't the best..I've got another windscreen on order ...it's from freedom shields ..it's and inch and half taller with a slight tin...

I'm about to leave for probably a 3000km ride second week of juin...my rear tire is showing some wear...I have a new one sitting in the basement...it's what we call the rainy season for us....it's about to turn over to 12 thousand km...just don't know if it has another ride left in it.....I have to say these metzeller cruise tec are really good tires for ride quality and all...for a cruiser....way better than the Harley brand dunlop in my opinion...

20240521_192918.jpg

20240521_193046.jpg

Screenshot_20240521_195802_Chrome.jpg

Tires usually feel like shit at the end of their life, so why ruin a 3000km trip which can have plenty of rain? Change them now. Having said that, 12000km on a very heavy powerful bike like that, including motorway at higher speeds, that's very good. Of course you get that because you don't get high temperatures.

Here, tarmac changes a lot from country to country and some tire brands are better than others according to country, and more so when it rains. In France and Portugal's backroads, apparently Michelin is the thing to have for grip in the rain.  

• Like 2

Michelin Commander are good for heavy cruisers, I got nearly 20,000 miles out of a Commander II rear, they did lack a bit of feel in the wet but they say the Commander III is better. Depending on how the Cobra Chromes wear I may try the Michelins next time. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Michelin Commander are good for heavy cruisers, I got nearly 20,000 miles out of a Commander II rear, they did lack a bit of feel in the wet but they say the Commander III is better. Depending on how the Cobra Chromes wear I may try the Michelins next time. 

I've tried those before...can't remember wich one..but for sure it wasn't the commander 3...not very good in the rain..it would hydro plane like crazy in heavy rain..though I was loosing my belt when I first experienced some rain with them....but it was a smooth running tire..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Tires usually feel like shit at the end of their life, so why ruin a 3000km trip which can have plenty of rain? Change them now. Having said that, 12000km on a very heavy powerful bike like that, including motorway at higher speeds, that's very good. Of course you get that because you don't get high temperatures.

Here, tarmac changes a lot from country to country and some tire brands are better than others according to country, and more so when it rains. In France and Portugal's backroads, apparently Michelin is the thing to have for grip in the rain.  

Weather not looking good for the weekend...I might swap it out...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't think that's calibrated for the weight of your bike ...........

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Or his weight, but he could stand on it and pump it up to see what it feels like to be more than 5’8”

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Marcel le Moose Fondler said:

Got myself a new floor jack yesterday..my old  one started to leak a little and would slowly come down...always had to be extra careful when working on the bike ...

20240524_061337.jpg

wouldn't one of these be more suitable...

OIP.F7UZLKOuVNmlift54YR5DgHaFj?rs=1&pid=

• Haha 3