Rowan Atkinson on Electric Vehicles

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He's bang on. 
I'm yet to hear of a diesel fuel replacement for my sharan.:classic_angry: Been thinking I should sell it on and get a petrol car.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

He's bang on. 
I'm yet to hear of a diesel fuel replacement for my sharan.:classic_angry: Been thinking I should sell it on and get a petrol car.

Vegetable oil.

10 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Hydrogen as a fuel in piston engines looks interesting but it’s also mildly terrifying.

Yeh.....I get recurring nightmares about that shit.

Partridge GIF

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Buckster said:

Vegetable oil.

Think the manufacture needs a bit of a kick start, bit like the need for more charging stations. Ok I you're running a tractor but not a lot of good for the modern day injectors. And it's very dirty, much more than refined diesel.

• Like 1

Electric vehicles are a ploy to get rid of petrol cars, eventually there will be no cars and you will be confined  to your area, 15 minute cities anyone, already they are waging war on the old car market, check out Geoff, he makes a lot of sense.

When I went to buy my new Nissan I was lucky to find a cheaper car available, I mentioned this to a few people and they had all noticed the same, buying a clunker for the kids is gone, all part of the plan methinks.

I think hydrogen from solar power looks the most promising. But I heard a professor who advised the government on the radio saying talking to the government was like trying to get information through a very thick brick wall. 

Meanwhile the Netherland storms ahead and we'll probably end up importers rather than exporters.. again. Heyho. 

• Like 2