Nice 2 stroke oil smell

Pedro

Hey @Sir Fallsalot, a guy with an old Vespa told me today about this oil: https://www.ipone.com/en/eshop/product/samourai-racing-strawberry

It's Ipone 2 stroke oil with a strawberry scent! The guy told me he went on a ride with a few people and since he was by far the slowest bike he went ahead, when they stopped for coffee everyone was wondering how it could smell so much like strawberries when they were riding through vineyards :classic_laugh:

Maybe it's a nice solution so that people don't get upset with two stroke dirt bikes riding through the lanes.

On other scents, I used a Motul cleaning product today to clean a few smudges off my paint that left a clear orange scent :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Hey @Sir Fallsalot, a guy with an old Vespa told me today about this oil: https://www.ipone.com/en/eshop/product/samourai-racing-strawberry

It's Ipone 2 stroke oil with a strawberry scent! The guy told me he went on a ride with a few people and since he was by far the slowest bike he went ahead, when they stopped for coffee everyone was wondering how it could smell so much like strawberries when they were riding through vineyards :classic_laugh:

Maybe it's a nice solution so that people don't get upset with two stroke dirt bikes riding through the lanes.

On other scents, I used a Motul cleaning product today to clean a few smudges off my paint that left a clear orange scent :classic_laugh:

I have to use stuff for injection rather than premix i'll have to get some for the boys riding in front of me LOL

• Like 2

That strawberry stuff has been around for years, I used to purposely ride behind a guy on a two-stroke bike years ago just to get a wiff.  Can't beat the smell of Castrol-R though ...............

https://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/motorcycle-oil-and-fluids/motorcycle-engine-oils/2-stroke-engine-oils.html

• Like 3

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

That strawberry stuff has been around for years, I used to purposely ride behind a guy on a two-stroke bike years ago just to get a wiff.  Can't beat the smell of Castrol-R though ...............

https://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/motorcycle-oil-and-fluids/motorcycle-engine-oils/2-stroke-engine-oils.html

when i was a learner on my 125 many years ago i was given a a gallon of SAE40 castrol R and as cash was very tight i was using it in the bike. while out riding i was pulled over by a copper on a bike which was nothing unusual back then as it was a weekly thing for me, anyway i was expecting to get the usual bullshit from him and asked what i was doing wrong today, he replied there's nothing wrong I've been following you for a while because i could smell the Castrol R which took me back to my days of racing thought i'd stop you for a chat about it. he was ok and i didn't get a producer but the fucker still took about 45 minutes of my day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

The smell of Castrol R always reminds me of the sprints they used to have in Merthyr back in the 70's.

you could always put a tea spoon full of caster oil in your tank it makes for the same smell

• Like 3

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

The smell of Castrol R always reminds me of the sprints they used to have in Merthyr back in the 70's.

On old Swansea road, that is gone now as the new heads of the valleys road is going along its path

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

On old Swansea road, that is gone now as the new heads of the valleys road is going along its path

I remember TZ350's blowing Z1's off on that strip.

Cos it was anything against anything.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

I remember TZ350's blowing Z1's off on that strip.

Cos it was anything against anything.

I remember some old bike powered by a single cylinder J.A.P engine doing very well there 

• Like 1

When my mate Charlie still lived in Essex he had a Yamaha DTR125 and a classic Suzuki 500 2 stroke which he commuted down the M11 on. I would know if he was ahead of me in the morning as I could smell the 2 stroke oil. Sure enough I'd catch up with him wedged up some lorry's back side slip streaming it if he was on the 125 because he didn't have the oomph to pass it, or flying along on the old 500 thing.

They both self destructed eventually and he switched back to using his GSXR1100 for work duties.

• Like 4