C90 Off Road

Saul

I know we have been talking about the Honda CT125 and how good or crap we individually think it is, I thought it was relevant how good its grandad the C90 was off road green laning in this video.  I remember being an L plate hero with loads of my mates mostly with small dirt bikes.  One who was not as well fixed financially had a C90 his dad gave him.  That C90 went everywhere we did, as demonstrated in the context of this video.  

• Like 4

I didn’t realise it was Nathan, moaning and fussing continuously. I know he was probably stressed and frustrated but what a drag, all that complaining when tis wot it tis. 

They seemed to me to be lacking any momentum.. or joy!

But sensible Nathan returned after the ride (more or less) so the last few minutes were ok. 

The C90 did a great job 👍

• Like 2

I learnt to ride on my mates C90 it was all off road riding apart for a few miles of road to get to the dirt, the pair of us run it into the ground, after its demise he buried in his back garden. I have some great memories of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the vid on reliability I can't help but notice there's no mentions for BMW, KTM, Ducati, Triumph, Harley, Chinese, or Indian motorcycles.

Instead it's 5 bikes for Honda, 2 for Suzuki, 2 for Kawasaki, and 1 for Yamaha!

What can we learn from this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Looking at the vid on reliability I can't help but notice there's no mentions for BMW, KTM, Ducati, Triumph, Harley, Chinese, or Indian motorcycles.

They only tested those makes 
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

From my 15 years experience of owning KTM's I'd say they're just as reliable as any Jap bikes.  They just need more maintenance but on the upside genuine pares are often half the price of Jap parts ..............

elmo-sesame-street.gif.6440b5c66ed451b0083ff0dda9a042c8.gif

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

From my 15 years experience of owning KTM's I'd say they're just as reliable as any Jap bikes. 

Mate of mine around my age was going to do a trip to Kazakhstan on his KTM 790.....but then Covid restrictions came into effect.

Then he couldn't go cos he was waiting for a hip replacement.

Eventually he got his hip replacement, went through all the recovery process, and finally last week he left.

Unfortunately he only got as far as the M25 before the fucking thing expired!

He's now waiting for an update from the KTM dealer!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Mate of mine around my age was going to do a trip to Kazakhstan on his KTM 790.....but then Covid restrictions came into effect.

Then he couldn't go cos he was waiting for a hip replacement.

Eventually he got his hip replacement, went through all the recovery process, and finally last week he left.

Unfortunately he only got as far as the M25 before the fucking thing expired!

He's now waiting for an update from the KTM dealer!

I don't like any of their newer offerings , that's why I went for a Yamaha and then a Ducati.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I don't like any of their newer offerings , that's why I went for a Yamaha and then a Ducati.

He's still going to try to do the trip but he's looking at getting a T700 instead.

• Like 1