Wind deflector

Buckster

Fitted a lower yoke wind deflector today to reduce air coming up between the front of the tank and the fairing. Initial impressions are that it works quite well but I need a longer run to really test it.

20230201_160406.thumb.jpg.aa34b2641b2fa0ce73050613b48c8563.jpg

before and after 

20230219_170638.thumb.jpg.acc2f22e51c515497843f96ea28c7b43.jpg

• Like 6

Fitted a similar thing to the Africa Twin to stop the updraft vibrating your helmet, you should have seen some of the comments on the group page it ranged from, you don't need it to it will create lift and make the front wheel light and handling crap.

I did need it because i noticed the difference straight away and no it doesn't create lift dopey fuckwits :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Fitted a similar thing to the Africa Twin to stop the updraft vibrating your helmet, you should have seen some of the comments on the group page it ranged from, you don't need it to it will create lift and make the front wheel light and handling crap.

I did need it because i noticed the difference straight away and no it doesn't create lift dopey fuckwits :classic_laugh:

That’s basically what I want it for, I get a bit thrumming sometimes as the updraft catches the front of my lid.

13 minutes ago, Buckster said:

That’s basically what I want it for, I get a bit thrumming sometimes as the updraft catches the front of my lid.

Same with me used to be unbearable and probably would have got rid of the bike if i couldn't sort it. what was strange was some owners had no issue at all and couldn't understand others with the problem.

4 hours ago, Buckster said:

Fitted a lower yoke wind deflector today to reduce air coming up between the front of the tank and the fairing. Initial impressions are that it works quite well but I need a longer run to really test it.

20230201_160406.thumb.jpg.aa34b2641b2fa0ce73050613b48c8563.jpg

before and after 

20230219_170638.thumb.jpg.acc2f22e51c515497843f96ea28c7b43.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaahh , similar to what we used to put on our KTM 950/990's 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First long ride with this fitted today, can’t believe how much difference it makes, while I was riding I was trying to figure out what was different and then I realised that all the dirty air that normally comes up off the front of my tank was missing.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Buckster said:

First long ride with this fitted today, can’t believe how much difference it makes, while I was riding I was trying to figure out what was different and then I realised that all the dirty air that normally comes up off the front of my tank was missing.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

• Haha 2