My old home, or in the same street at the very least.

yen_powell

I know that when he isn't coughing his spuds up Pete likes an abandoned building.

This is a house in Tedder Avenue in Germany where I lived as a small child. Despite leaving it when I was 5, I remember the rough layout, the attic and definitely the basement. My baby brother used to dangle down in one of those boingey baby harnesses from the front room/hall door frame, I called it his Scottish dancing.

My Mum used to tell me that once when she had a row with my Dad she locked the door of the cellar whilst he was down there. When she calmed down and reopened it a few hours later she found him sitting in a comfy arm chair, drinking a bottle of beer and reading a book, bothered was he not!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I know that when he isn't coughing his spuds up Pete likes an abandoned building.

This is a house in Tedder Avenue in Germany where I lived as a small child. Despite leaving it when I was 5, I remember the rough layout, the attic and definitely the basement. My baby brother used to dangle down in one of those boingey baby harnesses from the front room/hall door frame, I called it his Scottish dancing.

My Mum used to tell me that once when she had a row with my Dad she locked the door of the cellar whilst he was down there. When she calmed down and reopened it a few hours later she found him sitting in a comfy arm chair, drinking a bottle of beer and reading a book, bothered was he not!

So have you blown his tiny mind by leaving a comment saying you lived there?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

You fucked that place up good and proper then Yen?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So have you blown his tiny mind by leaving a comment saying you lived there?

Don't know if it is actually mine, but it's the same layout and street. Somewhere I have the door number on something my Mum wrote, seen that recently as well but can't recall. I thought they were all demolished a few years ago, but that video looks recent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You fucked that place up good and proper then Yen?

You're joking, when you leave you not only have to tidy up  and be inspected, but they have an inventory of what was there when you moved in and you pay for anything missing. I think there was some discrepancy over a floor scrubbing brush that got deducted from my Dad's wages.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Was any of your parents Armed Forces then?

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

You're joking, when you leave you not only have to tidy up  and be inspected, but they have an inventory of what was there when you moved in and you pay for anything missing. I think there was some discrepancy over a floor scrubbing brush that got deducted from my Dad's wages.

So true that!! In one of the houses we lived I decided to doodle the wall one afternoon.... when my Dad came home he was not best pleased!! I have never scrubbed a wall as fast or as hard as that one!! 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

Was any of your parents Armed Forces then?

Pater was a Snowdrop.... twice. He left after National Service then rejoined a few years later. Last time in he was a dog handler (not a crime to handle a dog in those days as long as you bought it dinner and got it inoculated).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_slang#:~:text=Snowdrop – a nickname for personnel,hats that the RAFP wear.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sofia said:

So true that!! In one of the houses we lived I decided to doodle the wall one afternoon.... when my Dad came home he was not best pleased!! I have never scrubbed a wall as fast or as hard as that one!! 

I think I managed to dig a hole into the front room door, I remember the telling off more than the damage now.

I also knocked a jar of jam off a shelf in the base shop, glass and goo everywhere, I had discovered by then that if you cried really loudly you were less likely to get smacked. This worked splendidly a few years later in England when I ground my push bike handlebar along the side of a Jaguar as I tried to squeeze past it as it drove into the garages. I also recall being bored whilst my parents were bowling. So when a bowling ball popped out of the return shoot, I pushed it back down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4