Third Weekend in December!

XTreme

I haven't been out for 3 weeks because of the shit weather and shitload of work!

This weekend could well be different in terms of weather though......

288572388_Screenshot2022-12-16130927.jpg.1909a18949cc6a45aa11567bf3288b8a.jpg

I've still got the shitload of work but I'm hoping to get a couple of hours out at some point.

Got the grandkids in the afternoons so it's going to be a morning run......which could get a bit nippy unfortunately.

But I've got to grab what I can.....when I can! Such is life for an overworked Pensioner!

Anyway.....what are you useless twats doing?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This weekend 🤔.....if the forecast is right I think i will be doing fuck all on Saturday.....and maybe snow clearing on Sunday 😂 

But 13 or 14c on Monday......but rain and windy that day......

• Like 3

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

I haven't been out for 3 weeks because of the shit weather and shitload of work!

This weekend could well be different in terms of weather though......

288572388_Screenshot2022-12-16130927.jpg.1909a18949cc6a45aa11567bf3288b8a.jpg

I've still got the shitload of work but I'm hoping to get a couple of hours out at some point.

Got the grandkids in the afternoons so it's going to be a morning run......which could get a bit nippy unfortunately.

But I've got to grab what I can.....when I can! Such is life for an overworked Pensioner!

Anyway.....what are you useless twats doing?

I am starting work on class 2 tippers tomorrow so let's see if this one goes bust eh.....

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

I am starting work on class 2 tippers tomorrow so let's see if this one goes bust eh.....

Good luck @busabeast    👍

My advice would be to try not step on anyone's toes until you get into it , tipper work can be very clicky.   At least your truck will probably have power steering, I used to drive an 8-wheeler Scammel with NO power steering 🤪

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Going bust!......the last 5 places my wife worked at as a temp went bust not long after she had been there....... 😂 

Best of luck @busabeast

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Good luck @busabeast    👍

My advice would be to try not step on anyone's toes until you get into it , tipper work can be very clicky.   At least your truck will probably have power steering, I used to drive an 8-wheeler Scammel with NO power steering 🤪

Cheers mate 

36 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This is like the one I drove :classic_laugh:

s-l1600.jpg.20bfb58d9a6ca2279c74a42117bda3af.jpg

Good hod! When was that and how old are you?

That truck looks like it belongs in those orfan plays from the UK, with the beggar kids, Oliver!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That truck looks like it belongs in those orfan plays from the UK, with the beggar kids, Oliver!

The registration plate indicates August 1992 to July 1993 thumb 👍

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I drove one like that when I was about 28 , the truck was probably about 10 years old at that time.  They were an old skool design anyway , hence no power steering.  The steering wheel was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and sometimes you had the stand up in the cab to get enough force to steer it when you were manoeuvring onsite.  The cab was also made of fibreglass 😜

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scammell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I drove one like that when I was about 28 , the truck was probably about 10 years old at that time.  They were an old skool design anyway , hence no power steering.  The steering wheel was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge and sometimes you had the stand up in the cab to get enough force to steer it when you were manoeuvring onsite.  The cab was also made of fibreglass 😜

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scammell

Seems like a workout! At least you keep warm in einter?

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

@boboneleg...the early years. 😂

Well there's a bit of truth there , I never drove a Foden 2-stroke but I did drive a Bedford TM with a detroit 2-stroke diesel engine.  It went like shit off a shovel :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Only a brit would wear a full plastic reflector suit while not on the job!

Health & Safety gone mad......surprised that he is not wearing a hard hat too. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Health & Safety gone mad......surprised that he is not wearing a hard hat too. 😂

👍     You weren't allowed on some sites (especially quarries) if you weren't wearing it 

@busabeast  is probably trying his on for size right now 

th.jpeg.d0c6958d57ea2cfecbc75f205d2b47af.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3