Your Day Today!

XTreme

Been down to see my Auntie in the cottage hospital in Clevedon.  She's 91 and is more or less on end of life care, I hadn't seen her for over 10 years.  We had a good old chat and she told me a lot of stuff about my family that I didn't know.

It was good to see her and even though she didn't look at her best her mind was still as sharp as ever  😚

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Iam going out! 😲...to take down the outside Christmas lights.........Bah Humbug.  😂 

Annie Jones Fall GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, busabeast said:

All ours came down new years day, we only had 2 Xmas trees up but they are now up in the loft 

Our Christmas tree is a 3ft optic, fits on the widow ledge, no room for a tree on the floor in here. Tree and lights back in their box's, bet the bastards won't light up next Christmas.  😂 

• Haha 4

Feeling pretty grumpy today (and not one of the 7 dwarfs), as I had heartburn all last night, which stopped me from sleeping. Antacid tablets didn't sort it out either! Ironic that I didn't suffer over Christmas after eating all sorts of rich foods, but after one of our home cooked dinners! 

I think that this afternoon I will mostly be dossing on the sofa, listening to Prog Rock radio! 😉

• Like 6

Just showed my groin to Paco and Mari Carmen in the electrical shop.

Before you say anything he asked......cos he had a Hernia op done back in the Summer so he wanted to see how mine was progressing.

• Haha 1

There used to be a Mari Carmen in my plant in Galicia. She was very nice.

How far has she slid down, though, now living in a desert being submitted to that abuse :classic_sad:

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Before you say anything he asked......cos he had a Hernia op done back in the Summer so he wanted to see how mine was progressing.

:thud:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

ha gay GIF

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Without a photo it didn't happen!

So here's Day 29.......let's call this "A Groin for All Seasons".

IMG_20240103_201727-min.jpg.970490058b0e262ded700bfb6143af60.jpg

Red Card Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Moderators.....

The Social Network Text GIF

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Red Card Football GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Moderators.....

The Social Network Text GIF

My apologies.  I have been busy all day driving around to get Ducati parts in some of the most horrendous driving conditions I've ever encountered .  I went from somerset to Kenilworth, then Wildmoor (nr Bromsgove) and then up to Bridgnorth.

Nearly 8 hours all in and then I get home and see that feckin ginger thing again ...............

Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My apologies.  I have been busy all day driving around to get Ducati parts in some of the most horrendous driving conditions I've ever encountered .  I went from somerset to Kenilworth, then Wildmoor (nr Bromsgove) and then up to Bridgnorth.

Nearly 8 hours all in and then I get home and see that feckin ginger thing again ...............

Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I did 8 hrs driving today too but the weather was glorious 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, busabeast said:

He'd have had a fit if he'd seen one of the pics let alone 29 of the fuckers

You haven't had one a day......normally every four days!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You haven't had one a day......normally every four days!

Bloody well feels like it.... once etched in to someone's eyeballs it can never be erased 

Twitch Eye GIF by Hyper RPG

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tango said:

I had heartburn all last night, which stopped me from sleeping. Antacid tablets didn't sort it out either!

I've had this problem for years, I suffer with reflux, I find that plain bread helps a lot, it soaks it all up.

• Like 4

20240104_095838.thumb.jpg.7d21ac7166876aafa7f39cd7d556f19c.jpg

Well that got abit tight..... that truck should have not been in there.... but i managed i tipped the load of stone where it was sat in the pic then extricated myself the way I came in

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Overcast and gloomy here......and it's getting colder in the day now!

It's not a bad day here again 9⁰c and a few high flying clouds 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

It's not a bad day here again 9⁰c and a few high flying clouds 

About the same temperature here, not a cloud in the sky......I may wash the car, I think it's red under the muck..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I finally managed to wash the Yamaha this morning .  I have repositioned the headlight bulb (I had mounted it upside down :classic_rolleyes:) and isolated the side stand switch .  Anything else will have to wait as I have to collect Paolo from college in a mo.

This evening we are out for a meal to celebrate my niece's birthday and tomorrow we are off down to Weymouth for the weekend ( should I have waited for the weekend thread for that bit ?) .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

I finally managed to wash the Yamaha this morning .  I have repositioned the headlight bulb (I had mounted it upside down :classic_rolleyes:) and isolated the side stand switch .  Anything else will have to wait as I have to collect Paolo from college in a mo.

This evening we are out for a meal to celebrate my niece's birthday and tomorrow we are off down to Weymouth for the weekend ( should I have waited for the weekend thread for that bit ?) .

Managed to wash the Beta today as well first dry day since last Saturday's ride Just checking things over ready for this Saturdays ride after which it will be filthy again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went out on the ebike this morning with a couple of the guys from the group. It was a glorious morning. We clocked just over 40kms. It has clouded over now and is slightly chillier. Forecast is for some high winds over the next few days, but no rain. We really need some rain here now. We get the occasional shower, but we've not had any appreciable rain here for well over a year now!

• Like 4