Your Day Today!

XTreme

Out with the Dear Maid for lesson two today.   Nothing exciting just a few loops of the rugby club car park.   She did reasonably well but dropped it a couple of times which knocked her confidence a little but it is bound to happen.   Kept forgetting to de clutch as she came to a halt and was dragged over. Few tears but she is fine now, the bike was owned by a newbie before her so nothing scratched that wasn’t already.  Still working on her clutch control but it’s coming.    I was hoping to get her doing figure of eights today but that can wait.   There is no rush.  
I am limiting the lesson to 45 minutes so that she doesn’t get too stressed.    
All about confidence with her.   Shame she didn’t grow up with a shitbox old dirt bike to learn in a field but that sort of thing is rare nowadays.  
IMG_2068.thumb.jpeg.71619f840f1042da7072826dc9fd56dc.jpegIMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.faf4b94b4c711e3cc53160981c371a28.jpegIMG_2070.thumb.jpeg.3098416da686f2f290fa4546e25461ab.jpeg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Saul said:

Out with the Dear Maid for lesson two today.   Nothing exciting just a few loops of the rugby club car park.   She did reasonably well but dropped it a couple of times which knocked her confidence a little but it is bound to happen.   Kept forgetting to de clutch as she came to a halt and was dragged over. Few tears but she is fine now, the bike was owned by a newbie before her so nothing scratched that wasn’t already.  Still working on her clutch control but it’s coming.    I was hoping to get her doing figure of eights today but that can wait.   There is no rush.  
I limiting the lesson to 45 minutes so that she doesn’t get too stressed.    
All about confidence with her.   Shame she didn’t grow with a shitbox old dirt bike to learn in a field but that sort of thing is rare nowadays.  
IMG_2068.thumb.jpeg.71619f840f1042da7072826dc9fd56dc.jpegIMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.faf4b94b4c711e3cc53160981c371a28.jpegIMG_2070.thumb.jpeg.3098416da686f2f290fa4546e25461ab.jpeg

The wife hasn't got any concerns about her riding a bike Saul?

Just now, XTreme said:

The wife hasn't got any concerns about her riding a bike Saul?

She has 😳, but the boy has his ped so the precedent has been set.     And that daft fuck won't listen to anything I say and he has survived so far.    

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The wife mounted the TV in the office on the wall today......she's done a good job! 

IMG_20240404_134544-min.jpg.16dbad4ea619d7796d4cb28ba9b02fd7.jpg

She has 😎

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saul said:

I am limiting the lesson to 45 minutes so that she doesn’t get too stressed.    
All about confidence with her.   Shame she didn’t grow up with a shitbox old dirt bike to learn in a field but that sort of thing is rare nowadays.  

Try longer but with a break, like two 30 minutes with a 15 or 20 minute stop to soak things up and talk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Try longer but with a break, like two 30 minutes with a 15 or 20 minute stop to soak things up and talk.

It was 45 minutes in total.  We did stop to talk but I do take your point.  I will pack a snack and drink for her next time so we can sit away from the bike and talk about events.  She has ADHD the ADD form so does struggle with concentration at times but she will get there just takes more time and patience.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I supervised obviously!

Yet she still managed to do a good job, clever woman.  🤣

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Saul said:

It was 45 minutes in total.  We did stop to talk but I do take your point.  I will pack a snack and drink for her next time so we can sit away from the bike and talk about events.  She has ADHD the ADD form so does struggle with concentration at times but she will get there just takes more time and patience.  

I meant that if you take two or three days to get back on she might loose a lot of the muscle memory she's building over that session, and whatever you talk about improving will be done that much longer. If you give her time to relax and reapply what she learned after just a short break, she might come out of each day with more gains.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I meant that if you take two or three days to get back on she might loose a lot of the muscle memory she's building over that session, and whatever you talk about improving will be done that much longer. If you give her time to relax and reapply what she learned after just a short break, she might come out of each day with more gains.

We are going out whenever there is a break in the weather.  Tomorrow is looking good for us so that will be the third day in a row since we started.  My idea is little and often so that it will become second nature, initially I thought once or twice a week but that won't work with Chloe as it gives her too much time to worry about stuff.  I am still getting used to what works with her, but we have six months to play with and summer coming, so no pressure or rush for her.  

• Like 4

My daughter did 2 years (thereabouts) on her Piaggio NRG 50cc , it is much easier to learn to ride on one with it being a auto....much like riding a pushbike with having to pedal. 😂....a car took her fancy after riding home from nightshifts in shit weather, she did once push the scoot home a distance of nearly 2 miles when the roads were covered in snow & ice....wise decision.

My lad has never shown any inclination to ride or drive, he has never had a driving licence....he did have a nice mountain bike at one time, but he sold it when he ran out of Fosters 🍻  one day. 😂 

Good work with your daughters lessons. 🏍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clive said:

My daughter did 2 years (thereabouts) on her Piaggio NRG 50cc , it is much easier to learn to ride on one with it being a auto....much like riding a pushbike with having to pedal. 😂....a car took her fancy after riding home from nightshifts in shit weather, she did once push the scoot home a distance of nearly 2 miles when the roads were covered in snow & ice....wise decision.

My lad has never shown any inclination to ride or drive, he has never had a driving licence....he did have a nice mountain bike at one time, but he sold it when he ran out of Fosters 🍻  one day. 😂 

Good work with your daughters lessons. 🏍 

At least when your kids have ridden a bike or even just done the CBT, if they then move to a car they will be a better and more considerate driver for having done so. I think everyone should do a few hours, something like the CBT, as part of car driver training. We’ d all be better for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nute said:

At least when your kids have ridden a bike or even just done the CBT, if they then move to a car they will be a better and more considerate driver for having done so. I think everyone should do a few hours, something like the CBT, as part of car driver training. We’ d all be better for it. 

True, I passed my bike test in 1984 but didn't sit my car test until 1986.  It was easy I passed 1st time after 8 x1 hour lessons because I had plenty of road and riding experience.   It wouldn't don't any harm for most people to do a CBT as part of their driving licence for both bike and car, for the reasons you say.  Confidence and familiarity with controlling a motor vehicle has got to cross over and being on 2 wheels will make you all to aware of your vulnerabilities.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Saul said:

Quiet here today 😳

It always is here. 😂 

• Haha 1

Females all out shopping here and my boy is at work.  Just me and the dog.  Got loads to do but can't be arsed.  Think I will go for a nap 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Females all out shopping here and my boy is at work.  Just me and the dog.  Got loads to do but can't be arsed.  Think I will go for a nap 🤣

Wish my wife could drive, it would save me alot of bother, iam just a unpaid taxi driver.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

True, I passed my bike test in 1984 but didn't sit my car test until 1986.  It was easy I passed 1st time after 8 x1 hour lessons because I had plenty of road and riding experience.   It wouldn't don't any harm for most people to do a CBT as part of their driving licence for both bike and car, for the reasons you say.  Confidence and familiarity with controlling a motor vehicle has got to cross over and being on 2 wheels will make you all to aware of your vulnerabilities.

I did it the other way round. We always rode and drove before we passed any tests back then. Driving instructor told me I will need plenty of lessons to get me out of bad habits.:classic_laugh:  

• Haha 2

I've been spending my spare hours trying to sort a Zafira b failing the MOT with rich running.
After a lot of pissing around with exhaust sensors as I didn't believe the readings I checked the valve timing and found the exhaust cam a tooth out. 
Have I mentioned I hate cars.

• Haha 3

I keep trying to stop my new wiper blades juddering,  bent the arms a bit at a time until finally......silence!.....then go out a hour later, flick the switch and the juddering is back, even tried another new blade, wonder if there is play (worn) in the spindle......fooking things. 😡 

Just wrote 21 detailed emails for increasing prices to my clients. It won't go down well since my competitors are lowering them. Not wanting more difficult conversations today, I sent the phone to send them at 18:20 and will then put it silent :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3