Your Day Today!

XTreme

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

Sounds like it needs a bit more ventilation in there, Clive. 

The only house that I didn't get condensation in was the first house I bought when I moved to Cambridgeshire,  but that was only because I got double-glazing with Pilkington K-glass put in. At the time it was pretty expensive, but I think that it worked pretty well. Our last house in the UK was really bad for condensation,  even though it was cavity wall insulated and uPVC double-glazed. We couldn’t use the built-in wardrobe in our bedroom,  as all the clothes went moldy in there! 

We do open our windows when the weather allows, and the patio doors too,  I know the loft is insulated, but dont think it has cavity wall insulation.

We havd thrown many things away because they have got mould growing on them, bike gloves and even a helmet, it's a continuing battle.

We did talk to the guy from the housing association who came to check the bungalow for any repairs that need doing, he said leave your heating on low 15c all the time, but with the price of gas that is unaffordable...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clive said:

We do open our windows when the weather allows, and the patio doors too,  I know the loft is insulated, but dont think it has cavity wall insulation.

We havd thrown many things away because they have got mould growing on them, bike gloves and even a helmet, it's a continuing battle.

We did talk to the guy from the housing association who came to check the bungalow for any repairs that need doing, he said leave your heating on low 15c all the time, but with the price of gas that is unaffordable...

turn you heating up and leave it on longer..

Twat

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Six30 said:

suffer the damp then ...

I can put up with the foggy windows....its the mould that causes a bit of worry.....not good for a old gits health.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I'm guessing it get worse in winter. 
The warmer inside with out ventilation will cause more damp. Tis a bugger.
We had some new windows this year and noticed more condensation.

Is it high humidity where you live Dave?

We have an average humidity of around 45%......which is a lot lower than some.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is it high humidity where you live Dave?

We have an average humidity of around 45%......which is a lot lower than some.

I live on the coast so not normally to bad for us, watching to see what happens in the proper winter. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Clive said:

I can put up with the foggy windows....its the mould that causes a bit of worry.....not good for a old gits health.

no not good having damp every where, cant you get any help with extra money for heating ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Six30 said:

no not good having damp every where, cant you get any help with extra money for heating ?

We receive the winter fuel allowance,  it helps towards our gas and electric bills, but nowhere near does it cover them, as to other benefits, no, we are £3 over the limit, so entitled to nothing....I just hope we don't have a long very cold winter.

• Sad 2

Just now, skyrider said:

just like sheep

Definitely.....it is usually our next door neighbour who switches them on 1st, they never take them down from one year to the next.

• Like 1

Just now, Clive said:

Definitely.....it is usually our next door neighbour who switches them on 1st, they never take them down from one year to the next.

yes it saves putting them back up again ( smart move that 😆 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skyrider said:

yes it saves putting them back up again ( smart move that 😆 )

They have them round the eaves and guttering, it looks like a old fashioned amusement arcade when they are on. 😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Sounds like the house needs a air exchanger....

In our living room there are no vents, except small ones built into the window frames, only other ventilation is by leaving the windows slightly open, but who wants to do that when it's 3c (37f) outside. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Clive said:

In our living room there are no vents, except small ones built into the window frames, only other ventilation is by leaving the windows slightly open, but who wants to do that when it's 3c (37f) outside. 

I have this unit...was put in when the house was built...every room is connected...sucks and blows...just like buck but with air.

20231115_170529.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I have this unit...was put in when the house was built...every room is connected...sucks and blows...just like buck but with air.

20231115_170529.jpg

I could do with something that sucks and blows...............in the bedroom. 😂 

Can't go knocking holes in here, it is not our property.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So what's happening today with you lot?

Had my bacon & sausage sarnie,  have a dump later, then er..er..er..don't know.

• Like 1