Himalayan Light Upgrade

Saul

Bored on my day off is always expensive.  Anyway I was reading on a Himalayan FB page about these LED bulbs and thought I would give it a try.  I wanted to carry a spare bulb anyway as all my commutes to work are 32 miles in the dark.  The Himalayan lights are not bad which surprised me, budget bike and all that, but more light is always welcome.   

It's dark here now so I will put one in in the morning and find out how much of an improvement they give on. the way to work tomorrow night.  

Also as a bonus I get a silica gel pack to put in my Speedo to fix the condensation 👍

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8051.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Several new bikes seem to have this problem with condensation.   I have a theory that it could be to do with using LED's for idiot lights rather than the older incandescent bulbs that gave off a little heat.    It's obviously not a problem for bikes with TFT screens but I prefer clocks personally.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Several new bikes seem to have this problem with condensation.   I have a theory that it could be to do with using LED's for idiot lights rather than the older incandescent bulbs that gave off a little heat.    It's obviously not a problem for bikes with TFT screens but I prefer clocks personally.  

Since the first model they've had complaints about condensation in the clocks. Some people drill a small hole in the casing. I didnt fancy dong that but then again I've only seen any condensation in the clocks once.

Interested to hear how the LED bulbs go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Buckster said:

MOT fail and potentially illegal if the standard bulbs are halogen.

Possible but not the hardest thing in the world to swop back to Halogen.  

Did my first commute and back last night 32 miles there and 32 miles back all in the dark, mixture of lanes B roads and dual carriageway.    The LED gives a real  appreciable improvement on low beam, much better pool of light in front of the bike.  Gives much more confidence especially on the lanes. The high beam is better but not drastically so, an improvement but not the same as the low beam.  All in all I am pretty pleased with the results for £32, plus I have a spare LED H4 and the original Halogen H4 as well.  It was busy going to work and I had no flashes of protest from oncoming traffic so do not think I am dazzling anyone.    See how I get one tonight.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Saul said:

Possible but not the hardest thing in the world to swop back to Halogen.  

Did my first commute and back last night 32 miles there and 32 miles back all in the dark, mixture of lanes B roads and dual carriageway.    The LED gives a real  appreciable improvement on low beam, much better pool of light in front of the bike.  Gives much more confidence especially on the lanes. The high beam is better but not drastically so, an improvement but not the same as the low beam.  All in all I am pretty pleased with the results for £32, plus I have a spare LED H4 and the original Halogen H4 as well.  It was busy going to work and I had no flashes of protest from oncoming traffic so do not think I am dazzling anyone.    See how I get one tonight.  

Can you put a link to what you bought I'd like to have a look.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Cheers. Might order some and get over my fear of touching anything electrical on a bike.

Get that mechanic of yours to come by and fit it :classic_laugh:

Sci-Fi Blackout GIF

• Haha 1