Teenager daughters are such joy.

Saul

Finished my night shift and got home yesterday to be greeted by my 18 year old son telling me my youngest has gone out, Mrs was at work.   Normally not an issue as she is 15 and trustworthy.  The problem is that she has been quite horribly bullied at school, and I decided to keep her home until we have had a formal minuted interview with the school.    She initially said she never wanted to go there again but over the weekend she has changed her mind said she did want to go in.  I said no on text when she asked yesterday morning and that we will stick to what we had put in place.  Anyway her response was to run away before I got home from work, after an hour or so I alerted the Police and hit the socials as she made herself uncontactable.    Fast forward to 5 pm when she was found after walking 7 miles along the cliff path to another local village.  She kicking off and refusing to come home, I rushed there and talked her down and now she is home.  Twas a stressful day.    Until two weeks ago she was happy with life but thanks to some vile child and the extremes of teenage hormones things are very different.  I am hopefully on top of it and we are off to see the Docs later.  I know there is lots I haven't said but I just wanted to say that the local Police were fantastic as was the response of my local community.  We are very lucky,   

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

I'm glad that she was found safely. Heart in the mouth stuff, that!

For all its flaws, there are times when social media is worth its weight in gold.

Hopefully you can find a solution to the underlying problems.  

• Like 3

When my eldest was being bullied at school I had a “quiet” word with the father of the bully and it all stopped. Can’t do stuff like that anymore, couldn’t really do it back then but mess with my kids and you find I have a less nice side.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Buckster said:

When my eldest was being bullied at school I had a “quiet” word with the father of the bully and it all stopped. Can’t do stuff like that anymore, couldn’t really do it back then but mess with my kids and you find I have a less nice side.

I would do the same in the situation, you were in the right to have a "quiet word"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Finished my night shift and got home yesterday to be greeted by my 18 year old son telling me my youngest has gone out, Mrs was at work.   Normally not an issue as she is 15 and trustworthy.  The problem is that she has been quite horribly bullied at school, and I decided to keep her home until we have had a formal minuted interview with the school.    She initially said she never wanted to go there again but over the weekend she has changed her mind said she did want to go in.  I said no on text when she asked yesterday morning and that we will stick to what we had put in place.  Anyway her response was to run away before I got home from work, after an hour or so I alerted the Police and hit the socials as she made herself uncontactable.    Fast forward to 5 pm when she was found after walking 7 miles along the cliff path to another local village.  She kicking off and refusing to come home, I rushed there and talked her down and now she is home.  Twas a stressful day.    Until two weeks ago she was happy with life but thanks to some vile child and the extremes of teenage hormones things are very different.  I am hopefully on top of it and we are off to see the Docs later.  I know there is lots I haven't said but I just wanted to say that the local Police were fantastic as was the response of my local community.  We are very lucky,   

Glad she was found before anything happened mate, hope things get sorted 👍 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, busabeast said:

I would do the same in the situation, you were in the right to have a "quiet word"

I wish that were an option but as always in life it's complicated.  The girl in question circulated photoshopped nude photos with my daughters face on them.  Police have dealt with it.  This vile child was not in my daughters school at the time (6 months ago) although she knew her, but is starting there this week, after being expelled from most schools in the area.   That's why my daughter lost it.   There is more to it but for my daughter's sake it is best not to share to much.  😠 To be fair my daughters school didn't know but does now.

I am not happy for my daughter to go to another school,  this is rural Cornwall and schools are spread out.  Next two nearest options are 7 miles away and not somewhere I would be happy for her to go.  We can see her current school from the window.  So our best option is to get things sorted there.  

• Like 4

Wow Saul I'm so sorry, thats ridiculously stressful. They say you're only as happy as your most unhappy child, I'm pretty sure thats true. Hope it's all resolved soon. Doesn't sound like it'll be long before the vile child will be expelled from your daughters school too.

It is still possible to have a 'quiet word' with people. Your situation sounds like its already well into the official channels so maybe best not muddy your own reputation?!

My son was being bullied by a child that was violent and had some sort of undiagnosed special needs. The teacher responded by repeatedly telling my son "not to tell mummies or daddies or brothers about Nicholas (the bullies name) because it wasn't fair on Nicholas. We had no idea. My son started to cry whenever I dropped him at school. Then one evening he was in his bunk bed sobbing his heart out but refusing to tell us why because he didn't want to get in trouble.

Eventually he cracked and told us. The bully was bad enough but the teacher? WTF, he was 5 years old FFS.

Anyway I'm no advocate of intimidation or threatening violence but when someone damages your child and would continue to do so theres no depths I won't go to.

All I'll say is watching Mr Slowly skilfully build from a genuinely quiet word to watching her slide down the wall onto the floor in a heap without him laying a finger on her worked a treat. We withdrew him from school until they resolved the problem, they apologised and they got rid of the kid. 

The mental scars are still on him though even though he was only five at the time. 

• Like 5