Parbados

Saul

I grew up with Par Sands as my local beach, anyway it has always been known locally as Parbados.  When I was a kid is was advertised as a mile of golden sands, now advertisers have to be more truthful and it is just about half that, still a lovely beach though.  Anyway I was down there dog walking today and spotted some really odd looking birds.   Looked to much like hard work to me.    1120386210_oddbirds3.thumb.jpg.18ab1bdd1a1cd27e006262a28bedafd4.jpg444182788_oddbirds.thumb.jpg.544ae0ef88e4cedcfcb74d43596adbee.jpg

odd birds 2.jpg

odus 3.jpg

odus2.jpg

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

I grew up with Par Sands as my local beach, anyway it has always been known locally as Parbados.  When I was a kid is was advertised as a mile of golden sands, now advertisers have to be more truthful and it is just about half that, still a lovely beach though.  Anyway I was down there dog walking today and spotted some really odd looking birds.   Looked to much like hard work to me.    1120386210_oddbirds3.thumb.jpg.18ab1bdd1a1cd27e006262a28bedafd4.jpg444182788_oddbirds.thumb.jpg.544ae0ef88e4cedcfcb74d43596adbee.jpg

odd birds 2.jpg

odus 3.jpg

odus2.jpg

Is that some sort of cove in the last pic?

• Like 1

You could but the beach is way to busy to get a bike on it.  Always something going on down there.  Plenty of horses and such as well.  Back when we were teenagers things were different. 

I remember one of my mates flying over a dune on a Honda C50 and t-boning another friend  on his DT 125 mid air.    Nobody hurt, the only casualty was the DT's gear lever which gained a whole different angle.

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Saul said:

You could but the beach is way to busy to get a bike on it.  Always something going on down there.  Plenty of horses and such as well.  Back when we were teenagers things were different. 

I remember one of my mates flying over a dune on a Honda C50 and t-boning another friend  on his DT 125 mid air.    Nobody hurt, the only casualty was the DT's gear lever which gained a whole different angle.

We could just bounce and get up then! Those days are gone!

• Like 2