Granada, Murcia, and Almeria via backroads!

XTreme

I was out a few hours......weather early 20's so it was not a case of having to run for cover as I've been doing since May. There was a bit of a wind though, but not enough to cause any issues.

You'll see the road surfaces continually changing as I switch from province to province so you've got to be alert all the time.

And you have to be very careful with any surfaces that have been recently repaired......sometimes it's a two foot trench hidden underneath a bit of soft tar!

Came across some abandoned shit but I didn't go too far inside as it was full of decomposing livestock......and fucking stinking!

So here you are......this isn't the sort of stuff the Harley boys could handle obviously. But I'm sure they're well aware of their limitations!

Some green shit growing in the field! No idea what it is.....I'm not big on green shit!

cb65.jpg.5654991e617759c0d0ec3be1f2406254.jpg

Pretty barren out here......no phone signal either, so not a good place to bring an unreliable bike!

But I'm OK......I have a Honda!

cb67.jpg.b240f713c56f0e52d80b2f10c551dced.jpg

cb67a-min.jpg.082f4d4676bf54135eb235b5c3cb2075.jpg

Then came across this wreckage!

cb68.jpg.cd7fab260b77deece87e8f9e6628c9f6.jpg

cb68b-min.jpg.bc47edc7fb59cb728c0db07b267f4fed.jpg

Fucking bad smell here!  Most of you Pussies would be puking your guts up at this point!

cb68c-min.jpg.d9ab1c70bee964e1e78a44bd9488a636.jpg

cb68d-min.jpg.9f3faed4cba2b733934c2007ea8f2179.jpg

cb68e-min.jpg.a4d16f986f1d96662cfa392bec7540d6.jpg

Back on the road again.......

cb69.jpg.1374233e3149d74d38c00814adc13163.jpg

More abandoned shit......

cb69a-min.jpg.8ccc548fb8976c486109abd0e1459d57.jpg

By this point I'd left Murcia and I was in Almeria......

cb69b-min.jpg.88cb3ddeb6e25c5e9bf312ff8cd81f86.jpg

Eventually crossing back up into Granada again! Couldn't have done this two years ago when we were locked into our areas!

cb70.jpg.de36519a606ec00ae7476dc49a43d924.jpg

So a nice run out......and the bike continues to be fucking brilliant.

@boboneleg understands when I say that it doesn't seem to look much on paper, and it's the same when you see one up close.

It appears to be a generic UJM with a bit of Adv styling to boost sales......but the reality is that it's a whole lot more than that. You'd have to ride one to see what I mean! Everything just works so well together!

If I wanted to nitpick I'd say the suspension is a bit basic and a little bit more power wouldn't go amiss. 

But the reality is that I can compensate for those minor things......you just have to bear in mind the allround package that you actually get. For not a lot of money it has to be said!

It all comes down to getting the right bike at the right time! And at last I've got it right.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just curious. If you’re a Yam man didn’t they have anything that floated your boat?

No.....the Tracer has a 17" front wheel and I want 19". Apart from that, the styling of it looks weird to me!

And the T700 is just too offroad focussed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....the Tracer has a 17" front wheel and I want 19". Apart from that, the styling of it looks weird to me!

And the T700 is just too offroad focussed.

Yer theres something odd about that blocky body and the front wheel. It somehow looks disjointed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer theres something odd about that blocky body and the front wheel. It somehow looks disjointed.

I think it's really ugly!

And when you consider that I've owned 3 Stroms that's really saying something.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What would you call nice Pedro?

Not smelling badly, not totally derelict, maybe a cafe on one of the stops, a place where people stop and think: “this is nice” or “this is nice, I might come back” instead of “this smells like sewage, oh look, a decomposing dog!”

• Haha 3

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think they missed the mark on all fronts with it. It is selling well?

I've only ever seen one on the road.....it's a lot bigger than what it seems in pics!

And a lot uglier too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not smelling badly, not totally derelict, maybe a cafe on one of the stops, a place where people stop and think: “this is nice” or “this is nice, I might come back” instead of “this smells like sewage, oh look, a decomposing dog!”

It's Dark Motorcycling Pedro.....you can't introduce "nice" into that scenario.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Shame. If the pics are the best it can look its pretty bad!

And the colour coordination on them is pretty weird too.

• Like 1