Baggage. Warning boring- I’ve even bored myself 😂

Just now, Pedro said:

Try and put that tankbag on the bike, with all the rear stuff in place, then next time you get on and off it with your riding gear remember my words, BIG CLUMSY MESS!

It won't be a problem I do yoga and I'm quite fond of messes 😆

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Try and put that tankbag on the bike, with all the rear stuff in place, then next time you get on and off it with your riding gear remember my words, BIG CLUMSY MESS!

Are you talking about the bike or Slowly here :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

On 07/10/2022 at 14:44, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My new bags turned up and they make the back of the Himalayan look like an armchair 😆

This latest set up isn't for camping its for hotels and accommodation only. I haven't tried it out yet but the idea is the Givi tanklock bag which is quick release can have valuables (wallet, passport, bike documents etc) in it and can be quickly removed from the bike if you want to have a pee or go and look at something. It will also come in handy on the ferry as it expands to 26 litres and means I can pack it for overnight without disturbing anything else. 

The two black 20litres can be opened easily without removal so access to food, tea, waterproofs will be a doddle. They allow the panniers to be opened easily and a big bonus they are just under Ryanairs allowed underseat bag dimensions so we can fly in and not faff about, just stick them on the pannier and go.

I got the chocolate teapot out to see how this will look. Ridiculous is the answer but if it works I don't care. I'm now entering the ludicrous territory of the things on the bike being worth more that the bike 😆

5FB2B341-49D0-4248-B3C4-C6F781B7D850.thumb.jpeg.c66d8871c31ece041660ab6c8e905919.jpeg

Expanded

B0CCDD51-8460-41FF-B64F-DA5B46FCD71D.thumb.jpeg.c061bf699724ff09e99bb37d4c37e456.jpeg

The whole shebang looking pretty bad 

25FF896D-0D48-4FD4-BBF6-C2BF5570DCA4.thumb.jpeg.b724856ea8638af5adc87624b0b9855d.jpeg

So what you got that works for you?

oh and a gif for Six n Buck save you some time. Thoughtful arent I 😂

Bored To Death Reaction GIF

thats some luggage , you carrying mr slowlys gear as well

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

You’re aware there’s a minimum speed on mainland Europe’s motorways, @Slowlycatchymonkey, and that there are uphills on some of them…

Hehehe

Fortunately the usual male sizes bikes are designed for weighs about double what I do so the engine can take it captain!

Hmm the Star Trek reference hasn’t worked so well, I’d better point it out 😆

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

And what are these minimum speeds and could my busa achieve them

If you put as much crap on it as on that Enfield it might struggle :classic_laugh:

I think it's 60kmh on Portuguese motorways, hence the joke 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

If you put as much crap on it as on that Enfield it might struggle :classic_laugh:

I think it's 60kmh on Portuguese motorways, hence the joke 

Tbh I think it looks like a well thought out luggage system, well balanced at any rate. It suits the himalayan 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, busabeast said:

Tbh I think it looks like a well thought out luggage system, well balanced at any rate. It suits the himalayan 

Cheers. It has worked really well. It’s my only transport over here so I needed a good boot sized capacity so I can do a large shop or bungee something big on the back. With the luggage combos available I don’t need a car and can get that extra pack of beer 😆

It was excellent on the boiling hot ferry vehicle deck too. Just unclipped it and walked away. Still think it looks a bit of a state though 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Cheers. It has worked really well. It’s my only transport over here so I needed a good boot sized capacity so I can do a large shop or bungee something big on the back. With the luggage combos available I don’t need a car and can get that extra pack of beer 😆

It was excellent on the boiling hot ferry vehicle deck too. Just unclipped it and walked away. Still think it looks a bit of a state though 😂

I don't think it's exactly a state, the only thing out of place slightly is that tail pack I think if it was another box it would look right even if it would make it look abit goldwing-ish

3 hours ago, busabeast said:

I don't think it's exactly a state, the only thing out of place slightly is that tail pack I think if it was another box it would look right even if it would make it look abit goldwing-ish

Yer.
The tailbag clicks on and off easily, doesn’t obstruct the panniers being opened.
It’s easy to remove your valuables and comes with a strap so you can put it over your shoulder, then your hands are free for taking pics… if you take ride pics.. 😂

• Like 3