What happened to all the bugs?

Tym

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Those figures are frightening.............when I used to turn our outside light on with in seconds it would be swarming with bugs, recently very few.

But houseflies  still manage to end up in my cuppa when I sit outside. 😀

Same. It’s really noticeable this year. 
Usually the light going through the back door means it’s plastered in moths and insects. This year I’ve not seen a single moth. We also usually see a shedload of bats, they circuit the house hoovering up free dindins and this year so far we’ve seen none 🥺

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Usually the light going through the back door means it’s plastered in moths and insects. This year I’ve not seen a single moth. We also usually see a shedload of bats, they circuit the house hoovering up free dindins and this year so far we’ve seen none 🥺

I can agree with number of bats.....when we moved here 8 years ago or so there would be many circling the trees at the bottom of our garden,  last night just 2.

House sparrows are in very limited numbers too, but bleeding Magpies, lots of them.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

As I said, we've got them all! 😂😂😂😂

Housemartins and Swifts hoovering them up during the day and the bats taking the evening and night shifts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I didnt know that was a real thing. Looked it up its said its a fungus, White-nose syndrome, probably introduced from Europe.

As a citiZen of the EU i resent you blaming the lab in wuhan china for covid, umm. 🤪

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Tym said:

As a citiZen of the EU i resent you blaming the lab in wuhan china for covid, umm. 🤪

Turns out it came from an American military lab.

• Haha 1