A morning getting the Hondas out

Pedro

Woke up after a night of hard noisy rain expecting to be in for the day, but the sun was shinning so thought it was a good day to take Maria's bike for it periodic warm up run, got my cool leather jacket and went for a ride. For legal reasons decided it was best to keep out of tarmac even though I didn't feel like getting the bike dirty, I haven't got the heart to get this bike dirty but the dirt was moist and ideal for traction and not getting either dust nor mud up.

IMG_7547.thumb.jpeg.9545c3cbed33d174439ac7766aa39cf5.jpeg

IMG_7548.thumb.jpeg.431e3ebb6b89afd97520e7af49b834a0.jpeg

IMG_7549.thumb.jpeg.a4db3dd0fafc9d24621ad29e4563bc4b.jpeg

Short 10 or 20km run and got back home to park it back up in it's spot, after a quick cuddle. Taking this bike out for it's run in a thing of love.

Wasn´t intending to, but the quick ride up the dirt road made me feel like going for a blast in the XR, so after the 230 was parked I changed clothes, the cool leather jacket for the summer jacket and motocross boots.

Took some farm access roads:

IMG_7550.thumb.jpeg.2b04bb666c4644275c0752cbe9df5d07.jpeg

IMG_7551.thumb.jpeg.e8623dd3ef05b3a27551b102b7716e24.jpeg

And then some medium to high speed dirt roads over some of my favorite local landscapes:

IMG_7552.thumb.jpeg.303769afb2e5837c6a7304b5b0c83a8f.jpeg

IMG_7553.thumb.jpeg.9a5467c5188968654e75555042493712.jpeg

I have the XR running on well setup suspension, but I have almost new Michelin AC10 on, and it's a tire that I don't rate at all. I chose them for being street legal but regret it whenever I use them at over 80kmh on dirt, they give poor feedback on the front wheel, you never know when it's about to wash out from under you, next time it's going back on motocross rubber. Anyway had a great ride and the only worry was when coming out of a fast corner almost running into a pile of manure someone left parked on the middle of a dirt road.

On the way back too a picture of the coolest bridge I know, while waiting for the traffic to switch back my way, the bridge Rainha D.ª Amélia crosses the Tejo river:

IMG_7554.thumb.jpeg.974640c27ef14e482da4ee790d971e06.jpeg

Made it back but before coming home decided to give the bike and my boots a hose down to get rid of the farm track mud on this service station right at the end of the dirt road. It's really convenient to have a service station at the end of the dirt road:

IMG_7555.thumb.jpeg.e651e88cd651783504e81cafb3c20bc7.jpeg

Getting back home just before some heavy showers, in time to aply some silicone spray on the plastics and make it ready for parking for a few more weeks next to it's little sister, the 230.

IMG_7556.thumb.jpeg.ac0ba7a131a5b571331db0deec0935b0.jpeg

• Like 5

Do they come road legal there Pedro ?  Here you have to fit a speedo, front brake light swich and a few other things before you can take them on the road.

It's quite well known here that the front AC10 is a dodgy tyre, rears seem to be fine .

The Australian version of the XR400 had blinkers, chain guard, the lot.  It was sought after in the UK.

Honda's biggest ommision was not fitting it with electric start, but that's Honda all over for you.

I think it's a pretty balanced bike, it's sort of lightweight as it is because of not having a battery and starter. Plus it suit's it's unbreakable personality because this way it's always ready to go without worries of a flat battery, it is very easy to start as it is, unless you're picking it up after dropping it on a warm day.

5 hours ago, Tym said:

You place looks like parts of Texas!

I think so too, it sure looked like it from when I watched a few episodes of "The Son", really looked like parts of southern Portugal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I think so too, it sure looked like it from when I watched a few episodes of "The Son", really looked like parts of southern Portugal.

And where I live apparently looks like New Mexico!