Trinity Buoy Wharf

yen_powell

40 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

God bless ya.

My school was terrible. I will always remember when the lights went down for a slide show in a physics class some of the boys in my class were hawking up phlegm on to the ends of their (shatterproof) plastic rulers and twanging it across the room in the dark. Fucking animals some of them were. Similar stuff was going on all the time.

Our music teacher could make a kid shit themselves in fear if he turned his attention on you, the bloke was a bloody midget mind you, which gives some idea of his personality when he could still dominate a room of the scum in my own class. He also taught Judo and Karate after school and had a reputation for battering anyone he thought was not paying attention. I came home one day in my first year after a music lesson where we all had to play the poxy recorder. If you don't put your thumb under the hole at the bottom properly you get a squealing noise. Someone out our 30 pupils was doing it so he made each person play the first few notes on our own so he could give the guilty one a slap. I was terrified because I think it was me, but couldn't tell properly with everyone else playing at the same time. I got my notes out okay which was a relief.  I told my dad about a scary teacher called Mr Thacker and he laughed at me and said, "Do you mean Lionel?" My dad was one of the school caretakers during my first few years there.

The teachers used to beat the shit out of us there!

Hated every minute of it!

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The teachers used to beat the shit out of us there!

Hated every minute of it!

I always say to some of the boys in work if you lot had the cane a few times in school you wouldn't be the cocks you are now :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The same pictures from the start of this thread had some bloke on the Super Tenere forum mention that he had seen a video about the red lightship having a load of expanded foam removed from the hold. I asked if he had a link and he has delivered. Only seen a few minutes so far, but I was cracking up when the rotavator came in to play and the home made giant hoover is amazing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

The same pictures from the start of this thread had some bloke on the Super Tenere forum mention that he had seen a video about the red lightship having a load of expanded foam removed from the hold. I asked if he had a link and he has delivered. Only seen a few minutes so far, but I was cracking up when the rotavator came in to play and the home made giant hoover is amazing.

Some people have soooooo much patience. Great result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Give those guys a chance to go back in time and kill baby hitler or the dude who flooded that boat with foam, and they'll have a tough decision to make. :classic_laugh:

I don't get it though, if nothing was wrong with the ship then why fill it with foam in the first place?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Give those guys a chance to go back in time and kill baby hitler or the dude who flooded that boat with foam, and they'll have a tough decision to make. :classic_laugh:

I don't get it though, if nothing was wrong with the ship then why fill it with foam in the first place?

It was a mobile lighthouse it was so it wouldn't sink in bad weather 

• Like 1

Whenever I am by the lightship it has a sign saying STUDIO over the door. I always thought someone was making music down there, now I know nit's more graphics type stuff from the video of their new office. The tide goes right out from under the ship, not sure how it doesn't tip over, didn't see any struts, maybe it is just tied to the wall very expertly.

• Like 2