stark-varg

Sir Fallsalot

I like the look of this the torque figures are mental for something 110kg 
As a reference my 650 pulls like a train and  puts out 37 lb-ft at the rear wheel and is 168kg this electric thing puts out 692 lb-ft at the rear wheel 

https://electrek.co/2021/12/15/new-stark-varg-revolutionizes-electric-dirt-bikes-with-specs-that-crush-gas-bikes/

• Like 1

I started reading that with a large degree of scepticism and by the end was considering paying a deposit 😂 

If it’s all true it’s very impressive. Like most new technology I’ll wait and see what real world use throws up but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on that one. If you see any other reports would you mind sticking them here?
I was already hooked before I got to the customisable by weight with two wheel sizes but now I’m sold 😂 

• Haha 1

Those stats cant fail to be fun. I love the ICE but Im not so old Im going to turn my nose up at something beneficial, especially if its rips strips off what’s currently available. Your not being disloyal by looking at electric bikes, no-ones gonna take your ICE away.

My father in law built the house I currently live in, it used to be my husbands grandmothers. When he built it she refused to move in because she didnt want or need that new fangled central heating….

Eventually after being told it didnt ever have to be used ever she moved in. Within a year that central heating was on full blast from October to May for the rest of her life… just saying. 

• Like 3

“The battery is claimed to last for up to 40 minutes of intense motocross use or 6 hours of recreational riding. And it will take 1-2 hours to recharge.”

Hmm so battery life varies between 40 mins and 6 hours 😬 I really hope the 6hrs isnt yet another overly optimistic battery claim.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

But......its still electric which on a vehicle who's main purpose is to have fun is just plain wrong! 

Having an electric vehicle for a fun ride or drive is just soul destroying 

What i like is the silence it means i can sneak about where i shouldn't be without drawing unwanted attention 😉

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Battery life is the main prob with all EVs. I'm also watching this stuff develop, not that I'll be first in the queue to buy, think I'd miss the noise too much.

Yes i think i put on here a while back that some of the big motorcycle manufactures have signed an agreement to use the same battery in anything they develop which i interpreted as interchangeable batteries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What i like is the silence it means i can sneak about where i shouldn't be without drawing unwanted attention 😉

@Six30 is the one to ask about stuff like that.

• Haha 2