First Anniversary

Tango

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Phil (in France) has done it Chris, I could give you his number if you want some help.

Β Not the same problematic Bob, I'm married to a frog so the dossier is a bit different ( I have to provide between 4 and 10 years woth of "proof of common life" ie that we actually live together, on top of all the rest) and so far my problem has been needing a full and unabridged birth certificate. I was adopted at 4 months old prior to 1976, so requre councelling with a duly accredited adoption councellor and psychologist before i am allowed access to the information on that document. I now have found a way around having to go back to the UK for that councelling and have been supplied with the name of my biological mother ( so I'm actually biologically not who I claim to be at all). I now need to send of for a copy of the full birth certificate, once I get that I can send it away for translation.Β  This has been a blocking point for me for about 3 years now...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

At our age what's the point of taking a different citizenship Bob.......we won't get much mileage out of it.

And in my case, I can't renounce British citizenship (which I'd have to do here) because it means I'd no longer be Welsh. That's never going to happen!

You should'nt have to renounce british citizenship Pete, you request Spanish, though some countries ( the us I believe amongs others) do require yuo to renounce other citizenships. In France there is a distinction between becoming "naturalised" in which case you renounce original citizenship and become French and aquiring citizenship, which implies you become a french citizen but don't renounce other previous citizenships. this is a longer and more convoluted process I believe, as this is what I am doing and wil, eventually have dual citizenship. this will mean that for the french authorities I will be French with all that that implies and in the UK I will be British with all that that implies, you cannot, in any circumstances play one off against the other.Β Β 

• Like 2

On 14/10/2021 at 17:03, Tango said:

One year ago today we arrived in France to start our new adventure.Β 

It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride so far, but things seem to be settling down now and we hope to finally get our own place in a couple of weeks.

Β 

Well done to you both, I've been her nearly 29 years but I was young free and single back then so only had me to worry about and had a job here that I came out to.Β 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, MooN said:

Well done to you both, I've been her nearly 29 years but I was young free and single back then so only had me to worry about and had a job here that I came out to.Β 

Thanks @MooN. Hoping to get the keys to our house on Friday. Really looking forwards to that, so we can put some proper roots down. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Spain requires you to renounce!

not surprised really, that probably goes back to the inquisition...Β 

Β 

Β 

wait for it...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

hiszpa%C5%84ska-inkwizycja.gifΒ  Β  Β  Β Β πŸ˜‡πŸ˜…

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, MooN said:

not surprised really, that probably goes back to the inquisition...Β 

Β 

Β 

wait for it...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

hiszpa%C5%84ska-inkwizycja.gifΒ  Β  Β  Β Β πŸ˜‡πŸ˜…

Fetch the comfy chair! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooN said:

Β Not the same problematic Bob, I'm married to a frog so the dossier is a bit different ( I have to provide between 4 and 10 years woth of "proof of common life" ie that we actually live together, on top of all the rest) and so far my problem has been needing a full and unabridged birth certificate. I was adopted at 4 months old prior to 1976, so requre councelling with a duly accredited adoption councellor and psychologist before i am allowed access to the information on that document. I now have found a way around having to go back to the UK for that councelling and have been supplied with the name of my biological mother ( so I'm actually biologically not who I claim to be at all). I now need to send of for a copy of the full birth certificate, once I get that I can send it away for translation.Β  This has been a blocking point for me for about 3 years now...

Ah yes , sorry about that Chris.Β  I can remember you saying about your adoption before.Β  What an absolute ball-ache πŸ˜‘

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MooN said:

So who are you really? And how can a parent give up their child for adoption....I know i couldn't do it nor would I want to this last year has been better than my previous 35 all put togetherΒ 

22 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

And how can a parent give up their child for adoption

50+ years ago the world was a different place.......many were forced to do it by their parents.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

So who are you really? And how can a parent give up their child for adoption....I know i couldn't do it nor would I want to this last year has been better than my previous 35 all put togetherΒ 

I am who I am. no more, no less. I now know the name I was born under, but nothing else changes.Β  I had always imagined that I was probably the unwanted offspring of a polish sailor and a cheap whore ( which is why I have always laughed at notions of being British cos I was born british)Β  I was born IN britain, but that is all.) There is no record of who my biological father was or what nationality he may have been, though it's faily obvious he must have been northern european, or caucasion at least.Β  I am, and always have been content just being me.Β 

Β As for abandoning a child , who am I to judge? guessing based solely by the name of my biological mother, the year and place of birth I imagine she was a young girl, unmarried, abandoned by her boyfriend the minute he discovered she was pregnant. maybe her choice was the lesser of two evils, or maybe she was coked up to the eyeballs and needed desperately to get back on the street.Β  Who knows?Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MooN said:

I imagine she was a young girl, unmarried, abandoned by her boyfriend the minute he discovered she was pregnant

The most likely scenario in that era Chris!

• Like 3