Winter

Tym

There were some good times in the 60,s .

My dad got his 1st car in 1963.....a huge Austin 16.....he looked after that car like my mum did the house.

Every Sunday he would religiously wash it, and clean out the interior, then polish the seats, resulting in anyone sat in the back sliding from one side to the other on corners.....any corner, as the Austin 16 did not do fast in any shape of form.

He was able to buy the car courtesy of my mum........she won...wait for it!!.... £500 at the local bingo hall........which would be equivalent to around £10,000 nowdays.....it also paid for her to visit her sister in America.🇺🇲

That year I got everything I asked for at Christmas.🎅

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Clive said:

There were some good times in the 60,s .

My dad got his 1st car in 1963.....a huge Austin 16.....he looked after that car like my mum did the house.

Every Sunday he would religiously wash it, and clean out the interior, then polish the seats, resulting in anyone sat in the back sliding from one side to the other on corners.....any corner, as the Austin 16 did not do fast in any shape of form.

He was able to buy the car courtesy of my mum........she won...wait for it!!.... £500 at the local bingo hall........which would be equivalent to around £10,000 nowdays.....it also paid for her to visit her sister in America.🇺🇲

That year I got everything I asked for at Christmas.🎅

I can remember that all the water pipes burst in the house!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I can remember that all the water pipes burst in the house!

Never happened to our house..............only had water to the kitchen sink.

In the outside bog my dad kept a paraffin burner on low, or the water in the cistern and pan would freeze up if he did,not.......... glad it was a wooden lav seat.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hot aches!!😕..... remember suffering from them after hours sledging on the hill in the village.

Did not suffer them again till around 1975 when riding back from 1st wife's in law's in Chester le Street.......was in March, set off in reasonable weather, but within 10 minute of riding the temp plunged, all the way back, sleet and snow, think my hands where cold and wet for most of the ride home......oh the pain.😁

• Haha 1