Yen's stories

yen_powell

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Wow.....this is interesting stuff Yen! And no shit involved yet?

Listen, I have a BNP councillor and the Union Jack story and that involves shit. You can get it in anywhere if you try hard enough.

• Haha 4

Found some old photos, not very good but all I have.

Scrap yard pictures

My boss Vandal on his spectroscope (aka Little Frank). The man who bought the sex toy then went off sick with a severed tendon. 

image.png.0829406215416e64f97cd9876e6ca2c6.png

Vandal (Little Frank) annoyed that I am taking a picture when I should be working.

image.png.9b5c65a73bf340cc5715d55678f3d0a5.png

Some bloke I took a picture of down by the river side end of the yard. No idea who he is at all

image.png.969886ffc13f6e2107147fb18924c3f2.png

Tony the yard foreman on my favourite forklift. 

image.png.dbc45399a04320f77b9d72b4ef0872bf.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My old girlfriend's dad in the left, the man with the racist name N***er. The man who shat his trousers and tried to walk home from Maldon in new shoes. The only picture I have of him and not a very good one either. He is standing next to a bloke who always seemed to be in trouble with the police but they could never pin anything on him. In the end he did 6 months in Pentonville for continually driving on a ban.

image.png.03e6b028fcd102f2f04d8a6175fd1118.png

My 1st GPz750 sitting next to N***er's dog kennel where his two Alsations lived. Had to get it there by wobbling through a gravel drive that never ever got compacted.

image.png.632ff173ac769c48617870debfa3a225.png

The poxy gravel drive in front of his bungalow, his yard and garages were behind it. Next door to the right was a mobile crane yard. The bedroom window on the right was my girlfriends and one morning whilst everyone was still asleep a dopy crane driver managed to cause his driverless mobile crane to roll through the concrete fence. he managed to get in the cab and kill the engine just before it demolished the corner of the house. The grass was very torn up with deep ruts afterwards.

image.png.53abbf19f18154ba4e6a72e0840dc29c.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The man who taught me to ride a motorbike on the left, Kevin (Wombat) with his recently bought Honda Silverwing. The bloke standing like a gonk to the right is Colin (lazy eye) the man who was in the T.A. later and persuaded me to have my bottom violated by the doctor. Also the bloke who had all his flat emptied by a vengeful wife.

image.png.7d9e520b65fd317691d92bc6c94630a7.png

Colin (Lazy eye) again when we went paintballing. I believe that is actually Vandal from the scrap yard in the overalls behind him, he came along a few times.

image.png.21b0c8883d7da0c0708a59efe4bd812b.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Me on the left next to Keith, the man who later became (and still is) a priest. Also the man who started the fight with three blokes on the train that got me a broken nose and him a broken jaw. I loved those jeans of mine. Snow was not forecast when we set out for the rally we are at.

image.png.8234f67d8d1dbcfabe353c8df369c61c.png

Same rally. Keith on the left. Martin on the right sitting on his gas board blue GS750. He is also the bloke I was helping yesterday to extract a TS250 from the collapsed shed.

image.png.8d55b72ae31c59de235d1090bcbb5ab1.png

Kevin (Wombat) on the left. Martin on the GS and behind him a bloke called Keith-Roy (a proper proper cunt). I have a picture of Keith-Roy unconscious on my garage wall right now, my only successful knock out. No skill, I missed his head when trying to punch him in the face, which jarred my shoulder joint badly, BUTt my forearm went across his throat and he fell over backwards and knocked himself out.

image.png.3a413e514099a8a9114b2b2647c92e8e.png

Keith and Wombat next to my CX

image.png.d34dc637f618136c6484a3ca5c834549.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Some bloke I took a picture of down by the river side end of the yard. No idea who he is at all

So you go round taking photos of men you don't know? 

disgusted GIF

• Haha 1

Me and Strange Dave on the right just after finishing our first Cambrian Rally, me on a borrowed Honda CRM 250. Borrowed an hour before the start because I broke my DR. Strange Dave crashed into the back of me when I suddenly stopped after realising I was off the marked track and in a live firing area and we both went flying. I told him to turn and ride back, then I made sure to follow at a safe distance and only where he had already ridden.

image.png.04fedbfc64f0a8b95942d5ad82bc9554.png

Three northern bikers who came and rescued me and Colin (Lazy Eye) when we were in a Glossup pub with fights breaking out every 10 minutes. The man on the left walked over and asked if we were here for the Great Northern Bike Show in Manchester. he then said we could come to his corner, we'd be safe there as they 'took' it last week. They met us the next morning and led us all the way to the show.

image.png.b66a3e0759820ea256bbeb03b6f8efa8.png

• Like 4

Keith-Roy, the man I knocked out despite missing his face with my fist. As I said, one of life's c*nts. My bike club was camping at a place called Wormshill in Kent, this wanker had been plaguing me all day, especially as he got drunker. We were playing football, well the others were, I can't even kick it straight, and he thought it was hilarious to keep charging into my side and sending me flying a few times. The last but final time he caught me with an elbow on the ribs which hurt a bit so I said to him if he did it again I would do him a mischief. Trouble is, I am rubbish at anything like that. He took it as a challenge and barged at me before I'd even finished walking away so I swung my fist at the lovely target of his face and bloody missed, catching him across the throat with my forearm.. He fell over anyway and knocked himself out for about a minute. Only one person actually saw it, they were charging about after the ball, Keith (the priest), he said nothing. Everyone else thought he had just collapsed. I ran and got my camera and got a picture as they were checking him out. Unfortunately he woke up and crawled about a bit looking for his glasses and then sat at the side for a while. He lives in the wilds of Wales now....you're welcome to him.

The picture is a photograph of a photograph on a pin board in the garage, hence the blue pin and the sliver of Alsation pup at the bottom (Leibe).

20210905_141641.jpg

• Haha 6

The fighting Moroccans continued

Because Normsboy had dobbed me in to the old bill, I was given notice that I was going to be interviewed and to keep myself available on the days they would be at our office.

Now if it was a tv drama, they would walk casually alongside me asking pointed questions as I carried on working, with me occasionally shouting at a road worker to sort himself out or else and with only half my attention on the interview. In real life they take you to a quiet room, get out large witness statement notebooks and pens and write down everything you say, then they make you sign and date it all afterwards. This is how you start your career as a Supergrass. I think they also made enquiries about my holiday plans for the next few months.

As they led me through my story, they would occasionally ask for more detail on certain points. One of these was the first knife I had seen. I asked if I could just sketch it rather than describe it. This was agreed and I knocked out a quick piece of artwork in their notebooks. The police woman was most impressed and said that I should get a job involving drawing. This led me to believe that she hadn't been paying attention when asking me my occupation at the start of the interview.

Eventually I was let out and the next person called in. The person brought in to be interviewed after me was a lady called Fiona. Fiona was famous for two things, well three things, but two of them were a matching pair and had been allowed to hang free since some time in the 60s and showed no intention of giving in to gravity or age. The third thing she was famous for was being in an almost permanent state of drink induced happiness.

A few months later we heard that there was to be a trial and quite a few of us were to be called as witnesses for the prosecution. Well it was a day out, even if it was in Southwark Crown Court. The two opposing Moroccan families, henceforth known as Family 1 and Family 2, had chosen different paths to justice.

Family 1 had decided to all plead guilty, so we weren't called to their trial and most were sentenced to various terms of imprisonment.

Family 2 however, about 6 or 7 of them, had all pleaded not guilty, so it was the full trial by jury jobby, with a barrister for each of them against one and an assistant barrister for the prosecution. The wig bill alone must have been huge.

My friend who had been subpoenaed was still determined not to go and stayed at work on the day of our trial appearance. Nothing came of that and she heard no more about it. The rest of us, about 10 people all told, set off on the London underground to get to the mysterious south part of London. Only the other side of Tower Bridge, but an alien land to most east Londoners. Fiona and her two friends quivered along with us, she was always happy, and weaved occasionally as we negotiated various trains and escalators to get to the court.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Got sent some before and after pictures of my VC stones today. They had a clean up session for them all. Issy has a chip on his M, might have to get the Polyfilla and some paint onto that.

IMG-20211123-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20211123-WA0014.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, skyrider said:

what size was the gpz ?

750. I had one of those 'Oh yes....she will be mine' moments after sitting on one at the Earls Court bike show. After getting a new better paid job I got a second hand one (C reg) and then later a new one (F reg).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yen_powell said:

750. I had one of those 'Oh yes....she will be mine' moments after sitting on one at the Earls Court bike show. After getting a new better paid job I got a second hand one (C reg) and then later a new one (F reg).

yes nice bikes , always liked the turbo 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yes nice bikes , always liked the turbo 

The turbo was beautiful.

The only other bike I recall from that same show was the XBR500 from Honda. Three of them on a revolving platform, some with panniers even. All the letter pages of the bike magazines in the 80s would have at least one old sod bemoaning the complexity of modern bikes. They would go on to claim that a simple single cylinder bike, with light weight and good fuel consumption would be an overnight success. Can't remember the last time I saw an XBR500 or and SRX600, they vanished from the roads almost immediately.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

P1300181.thumb.JPG.3f82e161023f61f83053bef64ce84df0.JPG.e7b88778fb80f3db15dca8d77abeb206.JPG

SNAP 

1433116929_Stella2007035.jpg.b0038f3b47ef15f7f14b14cd765ba322.jpg

Pah, yours is only next to a bit of snow. Mine is next to a jungle and the drug dealer neighbour's garden.

He was quite a nice bloke, it was his customers that made me move.

• Haha 4

• 3 months later...

I saw an old link in my recovered favourites list today.

When I was at infants school, which I started when I was 5 years old, they had a weird way of teaching us how to read. I couldn't make head nor tail of it and didn't actually read and write properly until I was about 10 years old. I had to go to remedial reading classes for a year as the school decided I was backwards.

The link I found is for a BBC online article about this now discredited teaching method. It starts with an example for you to translate.....and I mean translate. I had to look up what it is actually supposed to say. Have a go. Translation in the next post. No wonder I struggled as a littlun.

image.png.2141b04e65e211b43351d771659ba8cf.png

2 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I saw an old link in my recovered favourites list today.

When I was at infants school, which I started when I was 5 years old, they had a weird way of teaching us how to read. I couldn't make head nor tail of it and didn't actually read and write properly until I was about 10 years old. I had to go to remedial reading classes for a year as the school decided I was backwards.

The link I found is for a BBC online article about this now discredited teaching method. It starts with an example for you to translate.....and I mean translate. I had to look up what it is actually supposed to say. Have a go. Translation in the next post. No wonder I struggled as a littlun.

image.png.2141b04e65e211b43351d771659ba8cf.png

I read "this angel gave the owl a rag"

• Like 1