Third Weekend in February

XTreme

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

One rack for ADV and one for Street gear ?

I just pile. Everythings in a pile, i dive in, come out with what i need. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Woke up feeling very warm a sweaty? thought was a reaction to the Covid jab, then I went outside to feed the rodents, only to find it's like a late spring morning, very mild, the winter weight quilt may have to be changed for the summer one, but I think if I do winter will return.?

Out on the bike Clive?

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Fingers crossed for this afternoon?.

Doesn’t look very promising here blowing a Gale overcast looks like rain, I’m staying in the dry.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tym said:

Im not sure who this Gale is butt she does get quite the attention from you Brits. :classic_unsure:

She’s a bitch always blowing her top.?

• Haha 2

Had a tax reminder for the XR this morning and i noticed it says on it "This vehicle needs an appropriate MOT certificate" when i checks it was right it runs out tomorrow, fucking great a valid excuse to ride the bike i thinks, so phones the place i take it hoping because its raining he'll have a cancellation and fit me in. Sure enough he had three cancellations, i thank god for pansies as gets my riding gear on and off i go straight up the Rhondda Valley a horrible place to drive or ride through even in lockdown the traffic is busy. All goes well with the MOT and its a gentle ride home along quieter more relaxing roads like this

IMG_E0871.thumb.JPG.e6ce6280d0e67966b05f2e2853992d5b.JPG

As Pete says riding is like groundhog day at the moment its the same here but i'm glad of it and stop at Miriam's bench again to look at the world below only for 10 minutes as Gale is blowing again LOL

Here's a short vid of the surrounding area you probably seen it before but here it is again lots of water running down the track today and the wind made it difficult to stay on my line

When i get to the bottom i see a sign saying the track has a TRO on it so i shouldn't have ridden it. The TRO is so repairs can be made to the track because this

IMG_0879.thumb.JPG.8a9138523b459fb23ad19b6fe131bcae.JPG

Is doing this So even my groundhog route is being eroded away.

IMG_0876.thumb.JPG.16a0477453b1245b352b154cce2e929d.JPG

It was home on the road from only a short ride but  a welcomed release.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So many great trails in the Rhondda, most of the best ones aren't on any maps  :classic_unsure:

There's a hell of a lot of locals riding them and fucking it up for everyone at the moment, it's very hot around here so i'm even more pissed off because I've got to stay away from them. Blackmill moor is particularly sensitive seen lots of reports of farmers joining together to catch people and police out with drones because some dopy bastards taped off a track up there and organised some charity ride event up there without permission. The other problem is lockdown, there are so many people walking where we ride now the complaints have gone up about people being antisocial on bikes its getting beyond Bob

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

There's a hell of a lot of locals riding them and fucking it up for everyone at the moment, it's very hot around here so i'm even more pissed off because I've got to stay away from them. Blackmill moor is particularly sensitive seen lots of reports of farmers joining together to catch people and police out with drones because some dopy bastards taped off a track up there and organised some charity ride event up there without permission. The other problem is lockdown, there are so many people walking where we ride now the complaints have gone up about people being antisocial on bikes its getting beyond Bob

That's a  real shame Fred, get over here when you can and we'll do some classic Cotswolds lanes.

• Like 1

Just now, Clive said:

Have you fed and mucked out the horses?

About the same here, 9c and a grey sky, dry at the moment.?

Yeh......done about 9.30 Clive.

And I suspect that when we go back at 5.30 it's going to be pissing down!

• Like 1