to the dealers and back

MooN

150km of Autoroute to Dijon in the pouring rain and apalling side wind, to be there for 14h00 so's to be home again before curfew at 18h00. It's like being back at bloody school, report back in by 6 and lights out at 8...

Not a big fan of the autoroute by bike, especially in the rian when the speed limit drops to 110kph rather than 130, which means that you pay to go not that much quicker than on the normal roads, but when you're on a tight schedule  they are effective. Even more so now I have a badge that means I don't even have to stop at the barrier and faff about getting wallet and ticket and such like. 

Chez Triumph DSC04334.thumb.JPG.6fdf566ff441df94a12d7e118936bc55.JPG

DSC04335.thumb.JPG.8d8e69171950589032c62f62422075a9.JPG

DSC04336.thumb.JPG.5aa6c4f3798f7206fc3d626a873c4b66.JPG

the weather was a bit calmer by the time they's finished and I reckoned I had enough time to get home without using the autoroute.  I made it with 7 minutes to spare :dancebanana:.

I have, over the years, ridden in my fair share of shitty weather, but for probably the first time i actually have gear that will cope with it. I did 300km is today in really wet conditions with temps around 10c  and at no point was I cold or wet. 

The more I use this bike the better I like it.  ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nice shots Chris......plush dealer too.

You think that's plush I should have taken a pic os the bar / lounge round the back where I dissapear into a large soft sofa with a book and free coffee on tap ( there's also a huge screen telley if you want, but as I was alone and prefer a book...  the main drawback of this opulence is that I tend to fall asleep... and then start snoring... and then the mechanics from the Harley bit come round and complain they can't hear their bikes over the noise... ?

same owner and site do Triumph, Ducati, kawazaki and Haley. 

• Haha 2

Well done Chris, at least you got a decent ride in ?

I did the grand total of 1.2 miles yesterday when I took the Donkey for a MOT, no need for a ride report for that one ?

and while were here , wtf is that ugly turd.............

Monstrosety.jpg.318ac7c38675d6cd69cb2006bbf6d2c8.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Well done Chris, at least you got a decent ride in ?

I did the grand total of 1.2 miles yesterday when I took the Donkey for a MOT, no need for a ride report for that one ?

and while were here , wtf is that ugly turd.............

Monstrosety.jpg.318ac7c38675d6cd69cb2006bbf6d2c8.jpg

yup, like t'others already said Bob, rocket 3. 

inline fore and aft triple

2458 cc

182 hp @ 7000 rpm

220 something Nm of torque and 290k dry weight,  it's a f'kin monster. not my cup of tea at all but as an excercise in engineering it's a bit special.  it has its officianados and fans who absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

....why not just get a boss hoss

a) it's not americain

b) boss hoss isn't imported officially to France ( there is one importer who does americain cars and can get a boss hoss if you want one) so no dealer, or service, or parts or anything...

c) this thing is actually rideable on european roads, or so i've been told ( i have been on the back of one) 

Unless of course that was a rhetorical question ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

yup, like t'others already said Bob, rocket 3. 

inline fore and aft triple

2458 cc

182 hp @ 7000 rpm

220 something Nm of torque and 290k dry weight,  it's a f'kin monster. not my cup of tea at all but as an excercise in engineering it's a bit special.  it has its officianados and fans who absolutely love it. 

290kg dry....that's the same as a medium sized car

3 hours ago, MooN said:

I have, over the years, ridden in my fair share of shitty weather, but for probably the first time i actually have gear that will cope with it. I did 300km is today in really wet conditions with temps around 10c  and at no point was I cold or wet. 

The more I use this bike the better I like it.  ?

Quality! :classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1