One of our last rides during lock down

Swagman

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The tailpipe looks huge on them now......yet it didn't seem that way 20 years ago.

I guess it's just how styles have changed over the years.

Yeah they look it but have you taken a look at the new bikes out they are getting massive on some, I’m not one for changing pipes they work well when made so I just leave them, I think most people change the end cans to smaller ones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yellow really suits that Fazer, is that the 1000 @Swagman? Must be a fast bike!

Is the Tracer a 900 triple @Catteeclan?

Never rode one but they sound naughty.

Yeah Pedro it is the 1000 it would be fast but not with me on board.?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Build quality isn't a patch on my TDM and your Fazer but I do like it. Cracking engine.

I know the quality has gone down on all the makes now it’s a shame, but the motors still seem bulletproof.?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Is the Tracer a 900 triple @Catteeclan?

Never rode one but they sound naughty.

Not as well built as the xt1200 either.
I'm really enjoying it. A friend had the mt09 and said he's gonna lose his license so I thought these were maybe tuned down but once you click the sporty setting and give it some revs it's a bloody rocket ship. Far faster than I need to go.
Lighter than the big XT which is why I traded but not quite as comfy, but only in the seat and more bent legs. TFT dash is good too.

Once I get this front brake sorted I'll be a happy bunny again.

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

Some bikes quality never went down........cos they where never up!

I had a Kawasaki ZZR600........the bloody thing would rust and corrode overnight!.

Are the Kawasakis better nowdays???

Yes they are better at rusting and corroding nowadays :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Trouble is @Clive they don't use oil base paints anymore, it's more environmentally friendly stuff now so they don't harm the environment. But now the environment harms the paint

This one never rusted away.?

FD0458B7-A48F-4EC6-AFFD-D9F452A2189B.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

Suppose if you start with a good one that's great!

But one that has started to go?....a constant battle to keep it anything like.

Yeah but that’s the same with everything if I didn’t clean and look after the Fazer it would go the same way.

1 minute ago, Clive said:

Easier to keep it in good nick than try to get it back to that condition.

When I had the ZZR I think I bought nearly as much Solvol as @XTreme...but not quite.?

Luckily most bikes don’t have chrome and are easily polished.?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clive said:

I used a little T Cut on the ZZR.....a zip scratch on the tank.

After a few circles with that stuff I was down to the primer!

Bought a tank protecter (which I should have done in the 1st place) to cover the offending lighter patch.

Best finish on a bike I had, it would be the P reg VFR?...always cleaned up like nearly new.

The paint on the Yam is pretty good it has the odd mark but not many, the only weakness I feel is the engine and wheels, I’m thinking of getting the wheels powder coated this year.?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I think with the quality now @Clive all the makes live up to the same rep.?

Your not wrong there, Honda is supposed to have a reputation for for fantastic build quality but I've seen some shit build quality on line and on my mates bike to back that up. Again i think its the type of paint they use is new and will take time to perfect in real world use but that's just one of many things that need improving

• Like 1

I should of added the stator burnt out and the idle control valve was a twat from the start.
But she loved it, then replaced with a newer white one. Haven't had any probs with this one other than her dropping it doing a U turn but we're all getting older.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Over the years ACF50 and gloss Hammerite has been my friend. ?

I did own a Honda CBR1000f.......finish on that was good, apart from the white painted wheels!.....even powder coating was reluctant to stay on the whole rim..........maybe they where no properly  prepared by the guy who did them?

I’ve never had any powder coating done so I have no idea if it will stay on the wheels, it looks to be a lot better than what is there at the moment though that’s for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

I should of added the stator burnt out and the idle control valve was a twat from the start.
But she loved it, then replaced with a newer white one. Haven't had any probs with this one other than her dropping it doing a U turn but we're all getting older.

It was probably put together on a Friday afternoon in a rush to get finished.?

• Haha 1