The short wet one

Sir Fallsalot

Managed to get out with a friend for, and i quote our current lockdown rules "a recreational activity" this afternoon and things were a little messy after the weekends storms i didn't take too many photos. 
First lane was sort of a first time for me considering its only a few miles from my house, farmer on the quad in the distance was sort of ok with us being there just asked to make sure we closed the next gate
IMG_0587.thumb.JPG.98d938d949f49f551d3501e101ca8975.JPG

When i said this was sort of my first time to ride this lane it was because i originally tried to ride this in the dark about 8 years ago with another friend and we got the both bikes stuck here, it was gone midnight by the time we got them out and went back the way we came. I didn't get stuck this time and the young couple were quite amused at our efforts to get through it 

IMG_0589.thumb.JPG.5631ef9f8fdfafbccf7beb6dccf226ac.JPG

The next lane started with a steep rocky climb which really brought home to me what the last week laying on my back eating crap and drinking shit loads had done for me, when i got to the top i thought i was going to have to grab hold of the spark plug wire to bring me back i was fooked
And then we were faced with this puddle luckily my mate stepped up to try it out we decided not to proceed past where he was and dragged the bike back

IMG_0590.thumb.JPG.bbef2631a592dab8748ba70b354e5f06.JPG

IMG_0591.thumb.JPG.67d4d54d14a501786e6f7d4abeacade5.JPG

A few girls on horses turned up to show us how to do it, poor horse dipped his balls into that freezing water?

We took an alternative route around which brought us out a bit further on and started us on the route home. we rode a few more lanes local to where i live 

IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.86db239d2b856c9d79582515679a96d5.JPG

IMG_0597.thumb.JPG.d2fb9b7998897f6631f214c6e41d3ee8.JPG

IMG_E0598.thumb.JPG.3846d95a8844a265659a963ca36ff09d.JPG

And then headed to the jet wash to clean things up a bit before heading home my sump guard really packs some shit in there

IMG_0599.thumb.JPG.7c12f2c85b28632b9c41ff751644f4a4.JPG

IMG_E0600.thumb.JPG.89bb95e017062951c8709b4dbf2252bd.JPG

A good afternoon that i needed started getting cold on the way home i think it was hovering around 4 deg C all day

• Like 4

Great shots Fred!

That's some real hardcore shit there.......and as much as I love bikes, there's no way I'd do anything like that! I feel ill just looking at the pics of that CRF in the swamp!

Our resident Strange Woman @Grasshopper's Ride might find something like that to be somewhat invigorating though! :classic_unsure:

What you reckon @Tym?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Our resident Strange Woman @Grasshopper's Ride might find something like that to be somewhat invigorating though! :classic_unsure:

"Resident strange woman" I like that... ?

I have to give you credit Fred, you would have won the contest if it had been Mudlover of the Year!

Voluntarily doing such things is slightly crazy ?.....welcome to the club, weekly meetings are on Tuesdays in the swamp! lol

• Haha 1

Very cool muddy pictures, something very cool about riding through what are slippery paths on foot but are grippier on knobbies.

BTW, is that a chubby front tire on the CRF? Looks balloony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Very cool muddy pictures, something very cool about riding through what are slippery paths on foot but are grippier on knobbies.

BTW, is that a chubby front tire on the CRF? Looks balloony.

Just a standard tyre @Pedro it must just be the way the photo is taken