Putting the Beemer through it's paces!

XTreme

Today was the first proper run on the Beemer other than when I brought it back from the dealer! So how did it do?

Well I've covered a few of it's aspects before........so no point going over those again. All I can say is that this G650GS is probably the best fit for me, and the roads I ride on, than any machine I've had since I've been in Spain.

It really is that good! The only minor negatives (and they are minor) is that the  sidestand is too short......so the bike leans over quite a bit when parked. The other thing is when the fan comes on it blows out hot air over my right leg. Very minor stuff as you can see.

It was great on the motorway trip coming back from collecting it, and it was even better on these rural, bumpy country roads. Just so easy to ride.

It ticks all the boxes for me.......but in terms of reliability it has to prove itself! Only time will tell if I can get the same level of trust in the Beemer that I would have in a Jap bike! So watch this space!

gs16.jpg

gs16a-min.jpg

gs16b-min.jpg

gs17.jpg

gs17a-min.jpg

gs18.jpg

gs18a-min.jpg

gs18b-min.jpg

gs19.jpg

gs19a-min.jpg

gs19b-min.jpg

gs20.jpg

• Like 7

Is the side stand problem not due to angle rather than length?  have a look and see if the stanf bracket hasn't been a bit bent outwards, it doesn't take much and if the previous owner was a bit short in the leg he may well have mounted with it on the stand. Some bikes are designed to take this, some aren't and the lugs ( or the stand itself) will eventually bend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MooN said:

Is the side stand problem not due to angle rather than length?  have a look and see if the stanf bracket hasn't been a bit bent outwards, it doesn't take much and if the previous owner was a bit short in the leg he may well have mounted with it on the stand. Some bikes are designed to take this, some aren't and the lugs ( or the stand itself) will eventually bend. 

They're all like that Chris......this model is known for being very short person friendly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Think it's 2.3 litres and every 10K kms Fred.

I was thinking how it compares to my old 650 which holds 1.8L of oil and has to be changed every 2000 mile but  try to do it every 1000 mile as it has a hard life

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just remember Pete if your going to modify the side stand the bike needs to lean over enough so the bike don't fall over if any of the tyre goes flat overnight

Always on the centre stand in the garage Fred.....I only use the sidestand if I'm parking for a short time.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Pete means me :littleguy:

I'm still waiting for my mate to come up to fit the Puck.

And once I get my Puck I'll probably be restricted from riding again.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm still waiting for my mate to come up to fit the Puck.

And once I get my Puck I'll probably be restricted from riding again.

tell him to hurry up and get his act together ?

• Like 1

Just now, Clive said:

He seems to have become totally immersed into the Spanish lifestyle.....lazy fucker!

From Bournemouth......you know what their kind are like! :classic_laugh: