Scratched Shad Top Box

XTreme

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Fill it with dirt and put flowers in it..... ? I'm sorry, I just don't like top boxes, they look weird and to have the weight up there seems odd.  

But I put my helmet in it! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

OK......figured the way forward to get it looking better.....but I've found another obstacle! I can't get the bloody box off!

It's weird cos there's a Shad plate mounted where it should be......but the box isn't even mounted on it.

It seems more like the plate is part of the box and it's mounted on four legs!

Surely it can't be that you have to dismantle the whole thing to release the box?

20201009_144421-min.jpg.73cc18e5672981141ec5ecc2d7b5f152.jpg

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

OK......figured the way forward to get it looking better.....but I've found another obstacle! I can't get the bloody box off!

It's weird cos there's a Shad plate mounted where it should be......but the box isn't even mounted on it.

Surely it can't be that you have to dismantle the whole thing to release the box?

Krypton Factor for the over sixties! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Don't it work like this at 1.35

I think there is another top box base plate (BMW original or givi?) to which they permanently screwed the 4 spacers holding the Shad base plate on, I just hope they didn't glue it onto the base plate.

That's proper pikey, if that's what they did

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

So it came off ok then 

There's a certain knack to it.........which is beyond normal human thought processes!

I've always preferred Givi......no stupid rituals or YouTube tutorials needed on them!

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

There's a certain knack to it.........which is beyond normal human thought processes!

I've always preferred Givi......no stupid rituals or YouTube tutorials needed on them!

Givi stuff is simple, reasonably priced, and just works.

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

There are no spacers between that base plate and the bike's base plate, though, or are there?

That one doesn't have another Shad Plate underneath it like mine......and it's not elevated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That one doesn't have another Shad Plate underneath it like mine......and it's not elevated.

Get rid of that box, Pete, and just carry a small bag if you want to carry a sandwich or some water. A big box like that ruins the lightness of a small bike like that 650, it just doesn't look cool :classic_ninja:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Get rid of that box, Pete, and just carry a small bag if you want to carry a sandwich or some water. A big box like that ruins the lightness of a small bike like that 650, it just doesn't look cool :classic_ninja:

It's going!

I'll fill it and spray it though in case I ever need to use it.

I couldn't take the one off the Strom because they'd wired it in to the brake lights.

This is what it looks like now......it's starting to come together!

0910-min.jpg

0911-min.jpg

• Like 2