Scratched Shad Top Box

XTreme

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Get rid of that box, Pete, and just carry a small bag if you want to carry a sandwich or some water. A big box like that ruins the lightness of a small bike like that 650, it just doesn't look cool :classic_ninja:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's going!

I'll fill it and spray it though in case I ever need to use it.

I couldn't take the one off the Strom because they'd wired it in to the brake lights.

This is what it looks like now......it's starting to come together!

That looks way better Pete, the bike looks ready to run from zombies better now! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. ?

Mark me down for no alien spaceships mounted to rear racks too please. :littleguy:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rogelio Fernandez-Rojo said:

All you are missing is a laminar lip.

https://www.laminarlip.com/f650gs.php

The screen is something I haven't mentioned before Rog......cos I was too busy mentioning other things! :classic_wacko:

Anyway.....as you can see it's got a very small screen......my first thought when I got it was that I'll have to get a decent sized one. :littleguy:

Well I rode back on the Motorway and it was a more pleasant experience than riding up there on the Strom with the much higher screen.

With the Strom there was always turbulence and buffeting.......but with that little thing it was so much better. There was no turbulence on my head and not even any strain on my neck despite the screen being small.

I gotta hand it to the Germans......they really know their shit on aerodynamics, handling, braking (despite only one front disc), fuel consumption, and comfort.

It remains to be seen whether they know their shit on the other aspects.....time will tell whether I'll get the peace of mind on this that I would with a Jap.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

The screen is something I haven't mentioned before Rog......cos I was too busy mentioning other things! :classic_wacko:

Anyway.....as you can see it's got a very small screen......my first thought when I got it was that I'll have to get a decent sized one. :littleguy:

Well I rode back on the Motorway and it was a more pleasant experience than riding up there on the Strom with the much higher screen.

With the Strom there was always turbulence and buffeting.......but with that little thing it was so much better. There was no turbulence on my head and not even any strain on my neck despite the screen being small.

I gotta hand it to the Germans......they really know their shit on aerodynamics, handling, braking (despite only one front disc), fuel consumption, and comfort.

It remains to be seen whether they know their shit on the other aspects.....time will tell whether I'll get the peace of mind on this that I would with a Jap.

I have found with screens bigger isn't always better, my CRF1000 had terrible buffeting with the standard screen, i tried a bolt on adjustable thingy and it made it much better but it was splitting my view which i didn't like so put a short screen on mainly for looks and was surprised it stopped all the buffeting i now get a clean wind blast which is much better 

• Like 2